Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Symptoms persist...require diagnosis and treatment!!
Symptoms persist...require diagnosis and treatment!! 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:51 pm Reply with quote
theroamingscot
Hello everyone.
My wife and I visited Meeru in May 2007 for our honeymoon and it was a wonderful life enriching experience.
Since that time we have visited many foreign lands. Cuba, Antigua, Barbados, Mauritius, Mexico etc. All wonderful but could never touch the beauty of the Maldives.
I have always had a longing to go back to the Maldives and was left with a dilema.
New country, or to revisit Maldives. You see we have never gone back to the same place twice. It's a choice as we think they're too many fantastic places to see in the world.
This year was our last long haul holiday as we're embarking on starting a family. So in the end after much research we decided to go back to Maldives and we chose Kuredu (see my first trip advisor review, same username)
The reason we didn't go back to Meeru was my wife didn't want to spoil the memories if it wasn't as good as our first trip. Fair enough. Additionally I had reservations as I always wanted to visit another island to compare.

Kuredu is larger than Meeru and we did have a fantastic time. It appeased some of my desire....but only some.
I still have this pang....a longing....a desire to return to Meeru.
My query is this...
Is this due to a romantic first timer experience on his honeymoon or is this the lure and magic or Meeru. I just don't know?
The thought of never visiting Meeru again fills me with sadness.

To never have a Meeru ice coffee ever again??!!
Any advice, thoughts, suggestions to help clear my mind would be much appreciated folks.
Symptoms persist...require diagnosis and treatment!! 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion