Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » Live from Meeru !
Live from Meeru ! 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:18 am Reply with quote
Jen
Arrived two days ago now, Wed morning. Gorgeous and warm and sunny...just how I like it. However.....wind got up and up and then the rain....for over 24 hours. But today back to sun, sun, sun yaay!

Not done a lot because of weather, have had a walk all around and not a lot has changed since our last visit only the Dhoni and pool movement which looks lovely.

I had forgotten how spacious everything seems to be which is one reason why I didn't take to Vila which seemed very crowded indeed.

We are in JBV which has had the decking extended but we still don't get the sun on ours, improved sun beds provided and I think the old ones are now scattered on the beach. Still plenty of people here but not heard many British.

Might have a go with my new snorkel and we have the repeaters cocktail tonight.

Hope your all not too cold.

Jenx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
Great to hear from you Jen. Glad to read you're having a good time. Can't wait to see what you think of the mask.
Weather is sunny and still here today in Stafford. I'm off to The Lakes this weekend where there's a yellow weather warning active for the weekend. They're expecting up to 100mm of rain and strong winds. Now I know you mentioned similar weather at the start of your holiday but I don't think my weekend will be remotely like your experience.
Keep posting santa

Last edited by JoanneLorna on Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Jen
Been to repeaters and talked to a guy Suziene or similar...he was lovely. We talked about the change in clientele and how it has affected the staff. They all seem quite serious now to how it used to be. They still will go out of there wAy to be helpful, it's almost like they don't speak because they don't know your English. Once you have a joke wth them they are happier. We were the only English at the repeaters sadly.

Tonight is lightening and small amount of thunder....first time I've experienced lightening above the island......amazingly the wind has completely disappeared ....odd ! No rain yet !! Maybe this will clear everything away.

Enjoy your weekend away joanneLorna...the Lakes will be lovely but a bit cold! It will add to your festive spirit...you may get snow !

Jen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
Hi Jen
Hope you're still having great weather. It's anything but cold in the Lakes as fellow forumites from the north will confirm. We now have a red weather warning from the met office. It's rained constantly and heavily for over 24 hours and the winds are severe. We have been up here every weekend since we returned from Vila and this seems to be a repeating feature this year. We are fully surrounded by water rather like a JWV only I'm not getting the urge to take an outdoor shower nor pop out for a quick snorkel. Hope this makes you feel really good about your holibobs😄
I'm counting down the days til we're back there - that's assuming we ever get out of here
rendeer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Jen
Hiya, lol I had only just been watching Sky news and about the weather in Cumbria...think you need to get out fast !

We are still having rain, sun and rain and lightening ! It will get better I'm sure, plenty of time yet.

Hope you escape the floods in time X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:20 pm Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
Enjoy your Hol. HJ has a beautiful picture of lightning at night on Meeru posted on here. Love dramatic weather there. The only downside is the lack of guttering and drains can make night time noisy. Still rather be there.

Live from Meeru ! 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports