Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Help pls
Help pls 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:37 am Reply with quote
soobs
After a 4 year break we are returning to paradise - we have 30 kg luggage allowance each which we will never use I am guessing we will only have 15 - 18 kg each, which leaves quite a bit of spare.

I am wondering is there anything we can take with us? Maybe something for the children on Dhiffushi? I know the boys on the island like football shirts we usually try and take a couple. Would hate to take something I thought was of use and it cause embarrassment as that defeats the objective of trying to help out - if that help is needed?

thanks
Susan

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
We have done a few local islands and you can't go wrong with a few packs of colouring pencils for the younger ones and a couple of cheap baseball caps for the older ones and some t-shirts. They love having thier picture taken and having a giggle when you show them instantly the digital image on your camera. Some mini torches and keyrings and if your a bit of an entertainer they love simple magic tricks.
You will be repaid with some magic smiles for sure. The recent government implementation of guest houses on these local islands will see more interaction from holdaymakers than previous years when only a boat would visit every couple of days from Meeru etc so interaction is becoming the norm in a way, but still worth the effort to have a look and experience a community and local life in the Maldives and spend a couple of dollars whilst there and give something back.

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:25 pm Reply with quote
soobs
Thanks Casey, did think of the usual colouring books and crayons, wasn't sure about baby clothes or something like that as said would hate to offend

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:07 am Reply with quote
SCBDXB
Rather than specifically what we know as babyclothes, simple tiny Tshirts they can wear also go down well. Actually Tshirts go down well with all the staff regardless of age. Clothes are hard to get and expensive in Maldives, so I've always taken Tshirts, caps and flipflops for the staff too. Same goes for treats we take for granted like chocolates, sweets, lollipops and biscuits - they are always appreciated.

Laughing

Got the Meeru blues ... counting down to 8 June 2018, chalking up visit #18.. bring it on..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
soobs
T shirts and baby vests sound a good one, 3 of my daughters have babies and lots of friends with babies with lots of clothes only warn a few times before they grow out of them so I'll see what I can round up

thanks for the help

[/url]
Help pls 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion