Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Important news about Watersports... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Important news about Watersports... 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:39 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
From 1st November, start of the new High Season, the Watersports function on Meeru (the one next to the Dhoni bar) will be taken over and run by Euro Divers who are the people who run the Dive Center activities.

The most significant change guests will notice will the introduction of some powered Watersports activities for the first time. Though I can't give specifics on exactly when they will become available I understand that there will be such as jet ski options plus eventually...you read it here first....a small submarine Smile.

The submarine / submersible transport or what you want to call it will be able to carry just a couple of people at a time.

Fascinating stuff!
Re: Important news about Watersports... 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:43 am Reply with quote
Shanksy
[quote="Humble Jim"]From 1st November, start of the new High Season, the Watersports function on Meeru (the one next to the Dhoni bar) will be taken over and run by Euro Divers who are the people who run the Dive Center activities.

The most significant change guests will notice will the introduction of some powered Watersports activities for the first time. Though I can't give specifics on exactly when they will become available I understand that there will be such as jet ski options plus eventually...you read it here first....a small submarine Smile.

The submarine / submersible transport or what you want to call it will be able to carry just a couple of people at a time.

Fascinating stuff![/quote}] BUT do we really want jetskis at Meeru? I can think of nothing more annoying to disturb my peace Rolling Eyes Will be watching this post with interest might be tempted by the submarine tho Laughing

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, October 2017???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:09 am Reply with quote
keith&nicky
if I want jet ski's I can get these in Spain, the beauty of Meeru is peace & quite the island offers & also the freedom you have when going into the water where you do not have to worry about some idiot motoring up & down on a jet ski.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:00 am Reply with quote
Shanksy
keith&nicky wrote:
if I want jet ski's I can get these in Spain, the beauty of Meeru is peace & quite the island offers & also the freedom you have when going into the water where you do not have to worry about some idiot motoring up & down on a jet ski.

Thank u glad it's not just me in grumpy mode this morning ....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:54 am Reply with quote
keith&nicky
Shanksy I'm totally with you on this, I also wonder what effect this will have on the sea life/coral around the island

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:55 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Don't panic! Guest sensitivities, and indeed safety, are a big deal for Meeru.

The fine detail of what the new Watersports function will provide equipment wise has yet to become clear as are any important rules on usage.

So I suggest a little patience and let's see what hoves into view over coming months.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 am Reply with quote
Brucebear
Mmmm jet skis not sure they are going to fit with Meeru life I will hold judgement until I am there in 5 weeks. Personal I don't see them being the right thing for Meeru.
Paddle boards canoes and some sailing a big yes but engine noise and shouting is not going to be great. We have loads of jet skis through the summer here at home ((portland Dorset) and to be honest they are not pleasant.

Love the web cam though I am having my morning fix of Meeru every day I don't think the Chinese couple doing their own photo shoot knew the web cam is there lol.

Humble Jim have a great time there
Bruce

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:45 am Reply with quote
camwil
I love jet skis and have had three myself but it is horses for courses and Meeru is not one of those horses. May the peace prevail!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
Mike&Tracy
Hmmmmmm

Not happy with Jet Ski's in paradise. Not happy at all.

To be honest I'd be quite happy for no watersports other than snorkelling and diving.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:12 am Reply with quote
sams
Noooo !!! That's awful, Meeru is all about the beauty and peace and tranquillity not about flippin Jet Skis what are they thinking about? Thumb down

We were thinking of returning but there is no way we would go back if this is what is happening to the Island we will keep the memories of the Meeru we knew and loved. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Shanksy
Humble Jim wrote:
Don't panic! Guest sensitivities, and indeed safety, are a big deal for Meeru.

The fine detail of what the new Watersports function will provide equipment wise has yet to become clear as are any important rules on usage.

So I suggest a little patience and let's see what hoves into view over coming months.

I will be patient, I'm sure that common sense will prevail. I really can't see them anywhere around Meeru tho to be honest, unless they are taking you 5 miles out before they let you loose on them Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:16 pm Reply with quote
ivorfatarse
Maybe the area where the honeymoon villas were would be used. As the other side of the island is too busy with the boats coming in and out. I for one would seriously think twice about booking to return if jet ski's were introduced. But as Jim says let's be patient. Meeru management are usually spot on with their decision making. I hope they get this one right.

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Chill
Jet skis are not the sort of thing we would want to see or hear either!

Would doubt they could be used in the honeymoon lagoon area as it would be too shallow.

You Dont Need Eyes To See You Need Vision!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:04 am Reply with quote
Tropical Sam
Nooooooooo that's just wrong! Sad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:15 am Reply with quote
Mike&Tracy
I will be extremely disappointed if Jet Ski's are buzzing around when we return to renew our vows in 10 weeks time.

If they are introduced to Meeru this trip will be my last sadly.
Important news about Watersports... 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion