Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Beach lounge chairs
Beach lounge chairs 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Fellsteruk01
Hi everyone.

New member but actually been a member before just unable to use account. Been to meeru this year for my 5th time and I noticed something very different.

The guests!!!

This is t meant to offend anyone but this year I have seen so many rude and disrespectful guests it's been shocking. I'm not going to even go into the amount of people who leave litter on the beach near the lounges but my biggest frustration has been with people getting up at the crack of dawn to "claim" their beach lounges on the beach and "not seen this before" but using clips to clip their towel to the lounge bed.

This in itself I have no problem with but when said people don't even bother to use the lounger until late PM it's just down right rude, unless I've missed something the "public" loungers are to be used as you need them and for everyone so why do people feel the need to stake their claim on something that they are not even using???

I know it's petty but I love this island and the Maldives and whilst I had a great time the guests " some not all" really p'd me off by doing this and littering.

The amount of plastic in our oceans is shocking and we should all do our part to reduce that but some people have no consideration at all Sad

Anyone else been ticked off by this? Or am I getting old?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:00 pm Reply with quote
soobs
We returned today and I agree we did see more litter but we weren't sure if it had been washed up on the beach by the strong tide on the front of the island?

However towels on beach beds ... I did this a few mornings and my reason was this: my partner needs knee replacements so is struggling particularly on unstable ground. We moved from the 300's to the 100's at our request (as usual the Meeru team are accommodating) OH couldn't manage the steps down to the sea safely.
When we arrived at our new home in the 100's no spare beach beds they were all up around the high 100's so I dragged a couple down, a few days later we had a lie in until 10.45 went out to find someone sat on those beds - not a problem i did the whole dragging beds down the beach again - hard work in the heat.
So yes I did go out and put my towels on the 2nd lot of beds I dragged down (the first lot had been moved up to the low 100's) it was early morning and usually I sat on mine and read for half an hour before breakfast and then off and on throughout the day but for no longer than an hour at a time so they could have looked empty to some one passing by. I guess it's everyone's own personal view of when they feel they want to put a towel on a sunbed, this year is the first year I realised that that the beds on the beach no longer have numbers on only the ones on the decking - but have been in the 700's or 300's.
So my apologies if it was me and I have offended.
On rude guests yes we did see a slight increase of people not speaking to the Meeru staff in the way they should do.

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Fellsteruk01
Don't worry wasn't you Smile was ppl in the 600's

TBH, that's ok because you used them!! That's what thy are for, but adding a towel for the whole time your hear and using it for an hour a day is a joke. I saw a couple sat on the sand because they couldn't find a free lounger and the guy and "towelled" his all day and I didn't see him once Sad

The staff are sooo nice, really annoying when they get spoken too like crap Sad
Our sun bed solution 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:12 pm Reply with quote
esseepee
Here's how we've always used the sun beds.....move the sun beds with your room number on from the villa to where you want it on the beach, if too heavy then ask your room boy, the guys are a fantastic help. If you then feel the need to have a lounger on your porch as well as the reclining chairs then once again ask the room boy to get you one. This has always worked for us and hopefully will again in October for our 7th visit Very Happy
Our sun bed solution 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:18 pm Reply with quote
esseepee
Here's how we've always used the sun beds.....move the sun beds with your room number on from the villa to where you want it on the beach, if too heavy then ask your room boy, the guys are a fantastic help. If you then feel the need to have a lounger on your porch as well as the reclining chairs then once again ask the room boy to get you one. This has always worked for us and hopefully will again in October for our 7th visit Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:56 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Last time we went, all the plastic beach loungers had room numbers etched on them and you moved them where you wanted them. Is this not the case any more?

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:00 pm Reply with quote
soobs
Nope not that we saw, the blue one one the beach villa decking all had numbers on the ones on the beach didn't

[/url]
Beach lounge chairs 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion