Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » June 2017 Live From Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:08 am Reply with quote
marka
Adrian
You are wide of the mark here
When conversations are being had over Skype & FaceTime video calls the context is clear as they are broadcasting their conversation to all around them by their smartphone speaker
I feel confident in saying that if a call/s where necessary due to emergency situations (like the truly horrific one you and your daughter where in) like Shanksy suggested, most of us would want to have this in private, not laying on a bar bed, drinking cocktails, smoking sheesha pipes and broadcasting the conversation to all and sundry.
You have spoiled this live from for me and possibly any others that were enjoying the updates. Due to the agressive comment, quote "ask them to move. Good luck with that one, I know what I would say", I will not be posting any further updates. Well done

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Polly & adrian
Adrian
You are wide of the mark here
When conversations are being had over Skype & FaceTime video calls the context is clear as they are broadcasting their conversation to all around them by their smartphone speaker
I feel confident in saying that if a call/s where necessary due to emergency situations (like the truly horrific one you and your daughter where in) like Shanksy suggested, most of us would want to have this in private, not laying on a bar bed, drinking cocktails, smoking sheesha pipes and broadcasting the conversation to all and sundry.
You have spoiled this live from for me and possibly any others that were enjoying the updates. Due to the agressive comment, quote "ask them to move. Good luck with that one, I know what I would say", I will not be posting any further updates. Well done

Marka, If you post an item in this General Discussion area why should you protest if someone replies to that post, even if you got hold of the wrong end of the stick.
I was not wide of the mark, if by replying to a post causes you to lose it and stop posting then that is totally up to you.
If you stop posting due to what you said as my "aggressive comments" then try re reading them again! they were aimed at the people having to listen to these phone users" ask them to move" If these users are being a pain then
ask them to moderate the noise they are making. Good Luck in talking to them. That is what it said but you changing it around to suit your post.

If you wish to to carry on posting or not that is your choice, if you do not post then enjoy your holiday even more now that you have extra time to enjoy Meeru

Adrian.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Shanksy
marka wrote:
Another beautiful day on Meeru
Cool Cool Cool Cool

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, October 2017???

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Shanksy
Aw that's a real shame Marka I was enjoying along with many I'm sure your updates and photos please please please don't abandon the rest of us due to what I think might have been a misunderstanding. I can see both sides, but again as I said earlier if a call etc. is of an urgent and very personal nature I wouldn't be sharing it with all and sundry. Text messages could be for a variety of reasons, but if it's not urgent then I'd like to hope people could put their phone on silent so as not to annoy other guests. It's pretty obvious which guests you were referring to. We've all seen them.

And for the record I don't like the idea of the mini games room at the Uthuru bar and if they even think of doing anything like this at the Pavillion Bar I won't be returning Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Shanksy on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Shanksy
JoanneLorna wrote:
Interesting about the keys. I assumed they had kept a traditional style key so that if they ended up in the water the wooden fob would float and when we were there last one of our neighbours did lose his key that way and recover it. And clearly he's not the only one judging by Shanksy's post. My neighbour was French and there was no pocket in his trunks for keys - wore it round his neck on a lanyard. Hope he reads this forum before his return!!

I agree with the phones in public places issue. It really annoyed me at breakfast which is such a peaceful part of the day. Grrrr.

No pocket in french shorts who knew - you learn something new every day Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:03 am Reply with quote
Sand
Wow, beautiful photo's!

50 (ish) days until we'll be on Meeru and already getting excited!
It will be our 1st time to Meeru (6th to The Maldives though) and we can't wait, it really sounds wonderful.

I love reading these live updates and the information here has been really useful!

Can you tell me which side of the island to request to avoid that local island please!
We're restricted to a beach villa as we have children.

Many Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:45 am Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Sand wrote:
Wow, beautiful photo's!

50 (ish) days until we'll be on Meeru and already getting excited!
It will be our 1st time to Meeru (6th to The Maldives though) and we can't wait, it really sounds wonderful.

I love reading these live updates and the information here has been really useful!

Can you tell me which side of the island to request to avoid that local island please!
We're restricted to a beach villa as we have children.

Many Thanks

If you're in a beach villa ask for the 400s. Dhiffusi is visible from the Asian Wok end of the island and the 200s beach villas.

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:33 am Reply with quote
Sand
Thank you for your reply, that's very helpful.
We have booked a beach villa, are the villas in the 400s ok for children or are they the jacuzzi one's?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:13 am Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Sand wrote:
Thank you for your reply, that's very helpful.
We have booked a beach villa, are the villas in the 400s ok for children or are they the jacuzzi one's?

Thanks

Yes 400s are the normal beach villas without the jacuzzis.

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:31 am Reply with quote
GanarLtd
Very interesting discusiion this. Well done.

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion