Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Surprise Honeymoon
Surprise Honeymoon 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:30 am Reply with quote
Leeds4life
Never been to the Maldives before my husband surprised me in his speech on Friday by giving me an envelope inside I found out we are coming to Meeru for 10 nights on the 18th July.
Never been anywhere like this before and Im truly very very excited.
Ive bought snorkels, water shoes and a rash vest for each of us yesterday.
Going to take some re hydration stuff and first aid things.
Got my underwater camera, got some nice dresses loose fitting and some cover ups.
Any tips of must haves or must nots.
Is there any form of dress code at all and can you wear swim wear as long as you have a cover up on over the top in bars and restaurants

Thank you in advance

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
Wha a lovely suprise, you are going to love your honeymoon.
Keep saving as you will soon find it becomes an addiction.

Drink plenty of water and then some more and bring high SPF sunscreen (30+) you will burn in minutes even through cloud so be aware of the equatorial conditions.

Meeru does not have a house reef so this requires a short boat trip to the reef available everyday but you will be in deep water (floatation aids available on the boat) if you are comfortable with this. There is some small rocky areas around Meeru in the lagoon in shallow water that may be of interest but beware of strong currents at certain locations around the Island.

Swim wear and cover ups will not be allowed in the evening during dinner other times might be ok at the bar like lunch time. Someone will be along who has been recently with any upto date restrictions regarding attire.
You wont need shoes though leave them at home everybody goes bare feet even when dining, aqua shoes and a pair of dressy and casual flip flops is all you need.

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Shanksy
Oh what a lovely surprise. What a lovely husband!

You sound like you've pretty much got it covered. We've been 3 times and the first time took trainers and jeans Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Make sure you take sunglasses, antihistamines and I'm sorry but unless you've got battle hardened feet, flip flops at the very least even walking round the island I find the tiny bits of coral can be uncomfortable! Daft wee things like plasters and that don't take up much room and can be handy. Plenty of sunscreen and aftersun - you will need both! And shorts etc in your hand luggage just in case your case gets lost - but don't panic I've not heard of anything getting lost for a while although there have been a couple of delays.....

Don't bother with tops for during the day your bikinis and cover ups will work just fine and they are ok with those in the bars and restaurants during the day. Loose dresses will be fine for at night and for goodness sake don't let hubby wear vest tops at dinnertime, there's nothing worse at putting you off your food than hairy armpits!

Have a fantastic time, we all know you will and please come back and tell us all about it (sounds like an 80s game show) Laughing Laughing

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, October 2017???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:25 pm Reply with quote
soobs
We've just had our 12th visit to Meeru and seem to take less and less each time we go we had 30kg of luggage allowance each and only managed to make 39kg collectively.
Flip flops bikini and cover ups for the day and loose fitting clothes for the evening.
Remember mozi protection I usually get bitten quiet badly I got away with 4 bite this year I used the usual deet but made my own concoction which I sprayed on hourly
small plastic spray bottle half full with witch hazel, then some water, 40 drops of citronella oil, 20 drops of lavender oil & 20 drops of tea tree oil, didn't take any perfume not worth as citronella is a strong smell and it worked

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:32 am Reply with quote
Leeds4life
Thank you everybody my last day at work today.
Can not wait till Tuesday leaving our 3 teenagers with my brother, will miss them like mad but oh 10 nights to ourselves bliss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:56 am Reply with quote
marka
The best tip I can give you is to try to resist the temptation to over eat
There is soooo much nice food available it's too easy to over do it and excessive eating may well give you tummy trouble at some stage of your holiday
Our strategy is to eat a sensible breakfast e.g. an omelette or porridge, a light(ish) lunch e.g. small curry or meat and veg with no dessert and then we have a fairly guilt free dinner eating what we like.
I also recommend the hot rock restaurant for a treat, it's quite expensive but you shouldn't need a starter and you can have a desert cocktail for desert

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:57 am Reply with quote
Ian & Jo
Dry swim wear with cover ups are fine in the restaurants during the day, men need sleeves on their t shirts other wise they will be turned away, they have clamped down on this over recent years.

Also if there is one of the beach meals on while you are there (Full Moon, Sea Food or Bach BBQ) they are well worth doing, alternatively The Asian Wok is really nice for a special meal (A favorite of mine) ask for a table on the lower level by a window which depending on how windy it is will be open and remember you can still have the AI drinks in the Al a carte restaurants or beach meals

and one last thing to do, sit back, relax and enjoy Cool

Surprise Honeymoon 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion