Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Meeru Virgin
Meeru Virgin 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Hughsee
Hi all,

So glad I came across this Forum this evening. I have spent all night reading through all your posts and pictures.

I am happy that luckily, I have so far made all the right choices -

1. Booked to go to Meeru
2. Booked AI
3. Booked through Travelbag who seem to be quite a popular choice on here. I too found the likes of Kuoni to be very expensive.
4. Booked a 500's Water Villa.

We are booked for Feb 2018 for 13 nights. Its for our 25 year wedding anniversary and Wife's 50th.

I have to admit, it has cost an awful lot of money but as its our first time I wanted to make sure we got the best we could in terms of accomodation and island. I couldn't think of anything worse than getting there and finding that it didnt live up to our expectations.

Mind you, this Forum has made sure that I know I have made the right decision!

I do have a question though about the Water Villas. It sounds like from what you all say that they are superb but I was wondering which way the numbering goes. Which is the nearest to the restaurant end and are there any locations that are particularly better than others? I was thinking about emailing the resort a couple of weeks before we go to maybe request a central one maybe halfway down? Any recommendations would be very welcome and gratefully received. Also, who is the best person to email for requests such as these at the resort?

Thanks!
Re: Meeru Virgin 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:02 pm Reply with quote
JillyBean
Hughsee wrote:
Hi all,

So glad I came across this Forum this evening. I have spent all night reading through all your posts and pictures.

I am happy that luckily, I have so far made all the right choices -

1. Booked to go to Meeru
2. Booked AI
3. Booked through Travelbag who seem to be quite a popular choice on here. I too found the likes of Kuoni to be very expensive.
4. Booked a 500's Water Villa.

We are booked for Feb 2018 for 13 nights. Its for our 25 year wedding anniversary and Wife's 50th.

I have to admit, it has cost an awful lot of money but as its our first time I wanted to make sure we got the best we could in terms of accomodation and island. I couldn't think of anything worse than getting there and finding that it didnt live up to our expectations.

Mind you, this Forum has made sure that I know I have made the right decision!

I do have a question though about the Water Villas. It sounds like from what you all say that they are superb but I was wondering which way the numbering goes. Which is the nearest to the restaurant end and are there any locations that are particularly better than others? I was thinking about emailing the resort a couple of weeks before we go to maybe request a central one maybe halfway down? Any recommendations would be very welcome and gratefully received. Also, who is the best person to email for requests such as these at the resort?

Thanks!

Hi hughsee
You have definitely made the right choice. I ticked off all of your choices. We now always fly with Emirates into Male then onto Meeru. Book with mostly Travelbag as seem to come out cheapest with exactly the same flights etc., from Heathrow, always have a 500 water villa on AI too. The highest water villa is 529. This is closest to the Malaan restaurant which you will be allocated. Nowhere is far away from anything as it's not big enough. You can always email resort 2 wks before to ask for mid range 500 and they will always do their best to accommodate. Midway would be a 5 min walk to Malaan or 5 min in other direction to infinity pool. Perfect.we stayed in 526 last yr and hope,for similar in a month You will have an amazing time. You really will. Most important thing to not forget is your snorkelling kit 😃

Jilly

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:05 am Reply with quote
Shanksy
I'm so jealous.....you will have a great time I can just about guarantee

Our first visit was 506 I think and we've had 504 and 505 we asked on our second and third visits for a low numbered wv. These are furthest away from the restaurant which is only about 5 mins walk. The lower ones are also near the Pavillion Bar which is our favourite. The walk after dinner to the Pavillion and then back to the villa helps burn of the excesses Laughing

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, October 2017???

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:59 am Reply with quote
Hughsee
Thanks JillyBean and Shansky for your replies.

I can't wait till Feb 2018!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Sand
Hi,
We're on Meeru at the moment and the 500s look lovely!
We're in the 400s which are also very nice but the 500s beat them. We did ask if we could upgrade but the island is full until the end of August!

We called a week before we arrived to request certain numbers and check we wouldn't be downgraded as Meeru has a reputation for overbooking! They assured us that it wouldn't happen and they would try to grant our request, but when we arrived we were told there were no BVs available and we had been downgraded to a garden room, needless to say I was furious! We were given our BV the next day but only after a lot of insistence!!

Hopefully when you come it won't be so busy.
I have to say Meeru is really lovely (apart from right now, torrential rain and loud thunder!)

Sand
6 times Maldives but first time to Meeru!
Meeru Virgin 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion