Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Must Do's on Meeru
Must Do's on Meeru 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Alen
Hi everyone,

only 1 month till our trip to Dubai and Meeru Very Happy

We will have a short stopover in Dubai from 25th to 28th of August (we will arrive in the evening of the 25th and leave in the morning of the 28th).

Our stay on Meeru will be from 28th of August to 3rd of Septembre.
The flight arrives at 3pm at Malé Airport.
Our return flight will be at 11 pm from Malé Airport.

So we (only) will have a whole 5 days (+ 2 half days) on Meeru Sad

What would you say is a must do on Meeru?

We're planning to relax and swim / snorkel a lot Smile

Are there any excursions we shouldn't miss out on?

Alen
Re: Must Do's on Meeru 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Alen wrote:

So we (only) will have a whole 5 days (+ 2 half days) on Meeru Sad

What would you say is a must do on Meeru?

Alen

- If you are on AI, book the Sunset Punch Cruise excursion - it costs nothing extra if you are on AI. Book it early, the day you arrive or soon after - for a day or so ahead of the day you go to book - because places fill up. Don't leave it too late! They don't call it the Dolphin cruise because there's not a 100% guarantee of seeing any - but odds are very good you will Cool.

- For maybe sometime in the latter part of your stay book an evening meal at the Asian Wok. Take the Regular menu or Teppanyaki (if that tempts you). If you want to try the regular menu also ask for a water facing table if available when you book. Why pay more for food when you're already entitled to great buffets in the main restaurants? Because the Wok experience is super special...every time Smile.

- If you want to really treat yourselves book a Romantic Beach Dinner for two under the stars Razz .

- If you are into your snorkeling, take the House Reef excursion. Meeru, for all it's glory, lacks much real live coral near its shore. To get close to the real underworld beauty of the Maldives you need to get on a boat - don't worry the House Reef is only a short trip away Very Happy.

- If you want more extended snorkeling go to the Dive Center and ask about the Twin Reef excursions. They last much longer than the House Reef excursions, plus, as the name implies, you get to visit two fabulous undersea locations Nemo!

- Don't forget the free treats. If you spot that the night is clear go to the darkest place you can find on a beach, well away from the bars and drink in the starry view Wink.

- Into world class pampering? My Pam lives for the Spa treatments that are available at the two Duniye Spas on the island (one over-water, the other at a pretty location on land) cheers .

I'm sure there's plenty of other items people would love to recommend; I'll leave them to do so!

HTH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
HJ has listed all my top tips. The only thing extra I'd suggest is hire a bike. Whilst the island is small and cycling there may seem odd it's actually less tiring than walking and you get from A -B much quicker freeing up more time to do everything on your wish list- yet it's slow enough that you still get to see the island as you go
Enjoy your holiday
Jo x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:40 am Reply with quote
Colin & Jenny
Not sure if they still do them but I thoroughly enjoyed the ecology tours introducing you to the islands plants, local food production etc. Absolutely brilliant and was free Smile

Embudu July 2015
Vilamendhoo July 2016
Must Do's on Meeru 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion