Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Which is best side to stay at meeru
Which is best side to stay at meeru 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:33 pm Reply with quote
tyspep
Hi all
My husband and I have just booked meeru over water spa bath room.. it's our 1st time in maldives , I've read hundreds of reviews but still unsure about what owv numbers are the best to stay in? Which side of island is better or is it the same... we don't have children so only us..
This is our holiday of a life time took for ever to save up lol....it's for my 50th birthday and our wedding anniversary.

Look forward to hearing your views
Kind regards 😎

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:26 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Welcome to here, tysep, and thanks for posting Very Happy

The jacuzzi water villas, to give them their official name, are in two number range groups which are physically apart.

The 700s run north from the top end of the island with the rooms facing west (even numbers) and east (odd numbers). It follows that odd number 700s are great for sun rises and even numbered rooms good for sunsets. Residents of the 700s take their meals at the Maalan restaurant.

The 300s run roughly eastward from the island and the rooms are joined to the jetty in herringbone fashion (unlike the 700s which are all joined to their jetty at 90 degrees). There is also a bar where the 300s jetty meets the island and the infinity pool plus Hot Rock restaurant are nearby too. People who reside in 300s take their regular meals at the Farivalhu restaurant- recently completely rebuilt and refitted.

Thing is every room on Meeru has it's local pluses in addition to being on a fabulous island to start with. And ultimately nowhere there is very far from anywhere. Given that most people completely fall for the room they arrive into it makes it very hard to recommend one room over another!

As a first timer why not simply enjoy whichever room they book you into? You are very unlikely to be disappointed Smile.

If that idea really doesn't appeal and you want me to express my own preference then I'd probably say any room in the 700s would be my choice. But I'm being biased as we've stayed in the 700s - both east and west facing roooms - before and not enjoyed the advantages of a 300 of which there are many!

In some manner I hope this assists...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:19 am Reply with quote
tyspep
Humble Jim,
Many thanks for your reply, yes let's just wait and see where we are put its no problem at the end of the day ; I'm sure we will love it.

Another question ....
SMOKING...
we both smoke and will take our allowance with us however this will not last.... (bad I already no lol)..
Once you clear customs the shop in airport where you wait for your speedboat transfer , do you no if they sell cigarettes?
Many thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:44 am Reply with quote
debandmark
Hello,

I beleive the gift shop on Meeru sell cigarattes, although I have no idea how much they are.

Deb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
tyspep
Thanks deb,
I've seen them in gift shop but was wondering about airport shop,
Many thank

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:04 pm Reply with quote
debandmark
Hi,

I'm sure others may know, but I can't remember there being an airport shop. There was one a while back, but i think..and I could be wrong of course that it's just a 'lost luggage' area now. Funny I was there in August, and I can't remember!!

Deb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:59 pm Reply with quote
tyspep
Thanks deb
Well we will have to wait and see, but at least we can buy at resort...
Kind regards x
which villas 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Shanksy
When we went the first time we took what we were given I remember before someone who had recommended Meeru to us said it's the Maldives not Benidorm you will not be disappointed. For the JWV I reckon the only thing that might influence your decision before you go is whether you might prefer sunrise or sunset. We like sunrise which you get at the WVs which we like. You can walk elsewhere for the sunset. Once you've been the first time, you will know what your preference will be for the next time..... Wink

As for your other question yes they do sell cigarettes in the shop and they are perfectly adequate. Just for goodness sake don't put them in the sand, there are plenty of bins everywhere Rolling Eyes

Have a fantastic time and please come back and tell us all about it (sounds like a 90s gameshow Laughing Laughing )

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, October 2017???

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:43 pm Reply with quote
soobs
Yes you can buy cigs whilst waiting for boarding the boat, i've not smoked for a number of years now but did see cigs in the shop when i was buying water, we last bought Marlborough lights and they were cheaper than the duty free on the way home.

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:38 am Reply with quote
tyspep
Thank you for your information, that's great news.
Many thanks 😎😎

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:01 pm Reply with quote
tyspep
Shanky
Thanks for your advice. .. it's more to do with the evening all inclusive bbar in the evening and far to walk at end of night, but I'd rather be in 700s as apparently no children. ..

And for fag butts I wouldn't dream of putting them in the sand!!!

Even in dirty Thailand where I love I never drop a fag end on the ground....

I will post when we are back about my hopefully amazing holiday many thanks x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Shanksy
tyspep wrote:
Shanky
Thanks for your advice. .. it's more to do with the evening all inclusive bbar in the evening and far to walk at end of night, but I'd rather be in 700s as apparently no children. ..

And for fag butts I wouldn't dream of putting them in the sand!!!

Even in dirty Thailand where I love I never drop a fag end on the ground....

I will post when we are back about my hopefully amazing holiday many thanks x

Well the 300s have the Pavilion Bar right beside them, about a 5-10 mins walk for the Malaan Restaurant. We like the walk between and convince ourselves it helps with the calories.... Be careful with the Pavilion Bar as others will testify too many Island Teas and it is swiftly renamed the Oblivion Bar Rolling Eyes. My favourite staff work out of there, and my particular favourite starts making up my favourite cocktail when he sees me on the horizon

The 700s have the Uthuru Bar beside them which a lot of people like but personally we didn't. You will no doubt try both anyway and form your own opinion. It supposedly would take about 40 mins to walk round the whole island most folks don't manage it as there are far too many cocktails and mocktails to sample on the way round so it can take several hours.......If you are going from a to b though nowhere is very far away.

I've never seen anyone on here that's not had a great time and wanted to go back in a heartbeat there have been a few dodgy trip reports on trip advisor but these people are just well....strange Wink

We are missing out this year for various reasons but determined to get back next year...... we spent our honeymoon on Meeru and for our 10th anniversary this year we have booked a chalet with a loch view in Perthshire, nearest thing I could get to a water villa, it looks pretty I hope it's as nice covered in ice, freezing cold and probably tipping it down but hey ho life is what you make it.....might have to take a recording of that annoying little bird that you will hear on Meeru......you will know who I mean when you hear him
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Smile

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, October 2017???
Which is best side to stay at meeru 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion