Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Current free cruise offers? Goto page Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:01 am Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Does anyone know how many bathrooms ther are on Kamana? I could live without ensuite so long as the bathroom to cabin ratio is generous!

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Can't answer that myself. Perhaps someone else can confirm if there's just a general purpose one on the Kamana, or more than one?

Meanwhile...latest offer has appeared in our ever busy post box tonight!

This one is a one night away Hagern based offer starting with breakfast on board on Wed 11th Oct with Kagi Island as eventual destination with assorted activities offered, returning to Meeru Thursday Oct 12th.

One important difference compared to previous offers I've reported on thus far in this thread is that this cruise is available only to Water Villa residents and above. If you're in a Garden Room, Beach Villa, or JBV then you're not in the running for this particular offer. If you're in a Water Villa or JWV then you are.

Yes, these cruises are occurring currently at a fairly regular rate, but it's important to remember to check the details if and when one of these offers comes your way.

First check that you are in scope, as a resident in a given accommodation type, and then examine the itinerary / length of cruise carefully to see if that suits you.

If all the boxes tick... then go for it Smile.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:21 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Thanks HJ. Sounds like a busy post box indeed. The crew of the Kamana have now set up a Facebook group and one was kind enough to send me some details. It has 6 double cabins and 2 with bunks - which apparently aren't usually used - and 3 bathrooms shared between them.

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:20 pm Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
Thanks for the updates
From other posts from fellow forum members the 500s and above have been heavily over subscribed for the next couple of weeks for many months now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:28 am Reply with quote
LucyW
Are they now super strict on room categories who can go on the cruise?

We have sometimes been able to go on a cruise even though we have been in a garden room or land villa. You can speak to reception who will put you on a waiting list. Although the island may be desperate for WV's or above, if there is not an uptake from those rooms then they may well let you go so always worth asking if you did want to go.

Lucy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:11 am Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
LucyW wrote:
Are they now super strict on room categories who can go on the cruise?

We have sometimes been able to go on a cruise even though we have been in a garden room or land villa. You can speak to reception who will put you on a waiting list. Although the island may be desperate for WV's or above, if there is not an uptake from those rooms then they may well let you go so always worth asking if you did want to go.

Lucy

The sign up sheets have a section for people not in the correct room category so presumably theyll still consider it as a back up. Interestingly the latest offer was for any room category. More interesting is that a staff member told me they are actually at 80-90% capacity so its particular categories oversubscribed and not the whole island. Presumably any cruise volunteers make it easier for them to juggle displaced guests.

Weve decided not to go for several reasons, the main one being that its so very hot and sunny and were so pale were worried about lack of shade (and the second being that I seemed to acquire a chest infection on the journey here). First world problems!

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:09 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Sorry to hear you're a bit out of sorts.

I arrived here with an unwanted (office-acquired - cheers work mates Rolling Eyes !) persistent cough. Annoying and took a few days to shake off.

Hopefully you'll improve as you acclimatise.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Humble Jim wrote:
Sorry to hear you're a bit out of sorts.

I arrived here with an unwanted (office-acquired - cheers work mates Rolling Eyes !) persistent cough. Annoying and took a few days to shake off.

Hopefully you'll improve as you acclimatise.

Thank you. Its so annoying when you dream of paradise all year and arrive ill, isnt it?!

I had a weird throat a few weeks ago and had some leftover antibiotics. Thank goodness I had the foresight to bring them with me and they are currently fighting this off for me!

[/url]
Current free cruise offers? 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion