Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Water Villas
Water Villas 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:43 am Reply with quote
Davesmallman
HI,
We are booked in a water villa in Jan for 10 nights all inclusive and this will be our first visit to the Maldives. I have a couple of questions I would like answering please?
1) Have all the water villas the same standard? I heard some had been renovated.
2) is there a preference on which number to request?
3) Is there any problems in overbooking(read on tripadvisor) and should I e-mail resort to make sure if this is the case they can make sure they have our room ready?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:32 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Welcome to here and thanks for posting!

First. yes all the water villas have the same standard; renovations were all completed some time ago.

The water villa room range is one of the smaller ones so there are minimal locational differences. Weíve successively stayed in 509 and most recently 529 and the experience was identical. No point in bothering with room requests in respect of these in my view unless you have mobility issues and need to be in close proximity of the Maalan restaurant for example.

In respect of your last point I wouldnít bother emailing ahead. Youíre most likely by far to just arrive at the island, check in, and head to your room. It sometimes happens that you arrive at the island a little before your room has benn prepped in which case you might have a short wait before getting to your room. This can occur due to external factors beyond Meeruís control such as early / delayed incoming or outgoing flights.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:47 am Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
I just wanted to check if you have a water villa (on the edge of the lagoon) or a jacuzzi water villa (on stilts in the water). As itís your first visit you might not realise there are two rooms with similar names. The answer to your question will be different depending on which you have booked.

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:58 am Reply with quote
Davesmallman
Thank you for the replies, we are staying in the water villa(on the beach by the lagoon)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:12 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Davesmallman wrote:
Thank you for the replies, we are staying in the water villa(on the beach by the lagoon)

Fab. In which case HJís answer is spot on!

The chances of overbooking are minimal as they are only permitted to do so by 10% and they offer existing guests free cruises to free up rooms, which are very popular. On the off chance that your room isnít ready they usually offer you a better room category for a night. In the very rare event that itís a lower category they usually refund the difference and offer an Asian Wok restaurant voucher.

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:27 pm Reply with quote
SUEC
We returned from Meeru this week and had booked a Water Villa. When we arrived our room was not ready so we were upgraded to an Over the Water Villa (room 716) for 1 night . We were happy with this as these rooms are lovely and we were able to move into our requested room straight after breakfast the next day.There is no hassle with the move as reception organise it for you. We didnít unpacked for the 1 night , just pulled a few things out of the case that werenít too creased Very Happy. The chances of this happening are quite small, in all of our 8 visits this has been the only time the room hasnít been available.

You will love the Water Villas, the view across the lagoon is spectacular.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote
marka
We booked and stayed in a water vill this June
On arrival we were advised we would be staying in a Jacuzzi Water Villa (over water) for 2 nights. This was 'sold' to us as an upgrade but when i pressed further the nice lady admitted the water villas were over booked
This wasn't an issue as it gave us a more varied experience, we simply lived out of our cases for 2 days and enjoyed the JWV
The only minor annoyance was waiting for our cases to arrive when we moved to the water villa. We felt stuck in our room until the cases arrived as we needed a change of clothes (beachwear) and sunblock etc after breakfast
After waiting for about an hour i decided to walk back to the JWV to retrieve the cases myself as precious island time was being wasted
If management do watch these threads please take luggage to the guests new rooms straight away

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:46 am Reply with quote
Davesmallman
Thank you everybody. I don't mind if we get a JWV as an upgrade for 1/2 nights ..however my wife really does not want to live out of the suitcase, so I may just e-mail reservations prior to our arrival to make sure they have a water villa availbe for us
Water Villas 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion