Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » The Meeru Cruise
The Meeru Cruise 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Hughsee
We are here and they are offering what seems to be a desperate attempt to get you off the island. A free 2 day cruise on the Harden and a complimentary Asian Wok meal for two. It's going tomorrow but I am guessing the same deal will be on next week. Anybody got any thoughts? And is it worth paying extra on top of all inclusive for one of these restaurants? The food is soooo good anyway...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
We went on a Hagern cruise a year or so back. It was really terrific and was a superb mini-holiday inside a holiday.

I wrote it up as part of a trip report which you can read off the linky below:

http://www.meeru.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15154

Personally I highly recommend it; you are treated like royalty Cool.

Reasons for maybe not doing it might include bad prevailing weather or if you simply don't like boats. This time of year is about the most stable weather you can get in the Maldives though. In practice even if the weather deteriorates the Captain will endeavour simply to sail away from it - an option the island itself doesn't have!

I'd say yes it is definitely worth paying extra for one of the a-la-carte restaurants.

Remember that it only the food you pay extra for if the drinks you order are within the scope of the AI package. Also be on the lookout for such as the Full Moon Dinners that the island arranges. Exceptional value for money those (and difficult to compare thereafter with any venue that doesn't have an entire Milky Way arched over it as you eat!).

Hope this assists Very Happy
The Meeru Cruise 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion