Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Blue Bay Travel
Blue Bay Travel 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:31 am Reply with quote
Robdouglas
Hi Folks

Couple of years ago I posted an enquiry about Blue Bay Travel.
We did not use them as we got a better price from Travelbag. However, they have come back to us recently with a very good price for Christmas.
So once again does anybody have any knowledge of this company or recommendations.

Thanks all

Robin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:14 pm Reply with quote
soobs
We used them twice last year for Tobago and Barbados they were the worst hotels I have ever stayed in!!! no need to worry abut that with Meeru though so if it's a good price use them it's just some of the properties they use which other TA wouldn't use.

[/url]
errata 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Robdouglas
Well, we have had loads of phone calls from Blue Bay Travel today
firstly we asked for a price for JBV all inclusive at Xmas and they came back with a really good price 12 nights for £7900 then they said Oops that was for Garden rooms and gave us another price for the JBV, later they phoned back and said the price was for full board not All inclusive, in the end it was more expensive than the original from travel bag which this morning was £ 8450
now this evening it is £8800 ish What the hell is going on ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
In my opinion anyhow, I think you are receiving strong signals that tell you that you are not done shopping around yet.

For this sort of outlay I would gets quotes from at least half a dozen travel providers and trade them off against each other. A little bit of phoning around can save hundreds of pounds. That’s dosh in your pocket to save or redirect to some special experience(s) on Meeru. Stick with the phoning around and keep bouncing between them and watch the ‘book prices ’ fall away.

When you find one outfit won’t undercut another for, say, twenty quid then you’ll know you are near the real price you should be paying. You’ll also be clearer by that stage about the competencies of the companies you have been dealing with.

Oh and never directly answer the question ‘and how much are you prepared to pay for your holiday?’. The correct response to such is ‘just give me the best deal you can’. Your job - as a customer - is not to set their profit margin before the discussion even begins Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:31 pm Reply with quote
soobs
I agree with HJ we booked through Emirates holidays again this year for our June holiday they were unbeatable after that Travelbag were the nearest but not with the flights we wanted as we want to try the late flight back to Male as never done it before so want to see what it's like.
Last year we returned via Colombo on the 4pm flight and found it much better than the early morning flight getting up at silly o'clock but it's all down to personal preference.
What HJ says about knowing when you have the right price is right the only thing I will add is once you've booked don't check the price out again unless you happy to be disappointed.

happy searching

[/url]
Wise words 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Robdouglas
thanks Both, we go back to Meeru this week, so will continue the search in a couple of weeks
Rob
Blue Bay Travel 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion