Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » No one selling rooms for May 2019? Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
No one selling rooms for May 2019? 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:56 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 285
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Has anyone found anywhere selling rooms for next May please? Nothing is coming up at all on the usual searches like Emirates Holidays. A Kuoni enquiry produced a quote of £6800 for 10 nights in a JBV!!! (We paid £4300 for the same holiday last year)! Something weird is going on. Between this and the issue with the Male to Dubai flights next May, my 10th wedding anniversary return trip to my honeymoon destination is looking doubtful 😢

_________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
View user's profile Send private message
Re: No one selling rooms for May 2019? 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:36 pm Reply with quote
JillyBean
Joined: 17 Aug 2011
Posts: 101
Location: South West Wales
bushbaby_de wrote:
Has anyone found anywhere selling rooms for next May please? Nothing is coming up at all on the usual searches like Emirates Holidays. A Kuoni enquiry produced a quote of £6800 for 10 nights in a JBV!!! (We paid £4300 for the same holiday last year)! Something weird is going on. Between this and the issue with the Male to Dubai flights next May, my 10th wedding anniversary return trip to my honeymoon destination is looking doubtful 😢



Hi bushbaby
We are exactly the same. Can't seem to get anything for May or beg
June. We've usually booked by now for the following year. Always fly Emirates from Heathrow but nothing for meeru showing. Very odd I agree

Jilly

_________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Chill
Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 296
Location: Buckinghamshire
Speak to Jai at travel lab.

_________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]


You Dont Need Eyes To See You Need Vision!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Ian & Jo
Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 343
I managed to get a quote from Hayes & Jarvis but both Emirates Holidays and Travelbag said that they were just loading their 2019 contracts onto the system and would be available in about 2 weeks. some of the hotels have already been uploaded so I guess it's a case of keep checking.

It's unusual as it's usually the flights that hold you up booking

_________________
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:15 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 285
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Ian & Jo wrote:
I managed to get a quote from Hayes & Jarvis but both Emirates Holidays and Travelbag said that they were just loading their 2019 contracts onto the system and would be available in about 2 weeks. some of the hotels have already been uploaded so I guess it's a case of keep checking.

It's unusual as it's usually the flights that hold you up booking


Thanks, thatís really helpful. Hopefully all the cheapest fare buckets of flights wonít have sold out by then.

_________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm Reply with quote
JillyBean
Joined: 17 Aug 2011
Posts: 101
Location: South West Wales
Ian & Jo wrote:
I managed to get a quote from Hayes & Jarvis but both Emirates Holidays and Travelbag said that they were just loading their 2019 contracts onto the system and would be available in about 2 weeks. some of the hotels have already been uploaded so I guess it's a case of keep checking.

It's unusual as it's usually the flights that hold you up booking


Thanks guys
Will keep trying and hopefully will be sorted within next week or so. I do like having Meeru booked in. Something lovey to always look forward to

Jilly x

_________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:53 am Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 285
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Iím getting itchy feet about this now. We might try Vilamendhoo instead as Iíve heard itís the same as Meeru but with a house reef. Doing something different for our special anniversary night actually be nice.

_________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Chill
Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 296
Location: Buckinghamshire
We have been to Meeru 3 times then tried Vila and loved the place, will be our 3rd time in Jan 19 Its our 30th anniversary so wanted to do something really special so we are chartering a 14 metre catamaran for 5 nights which picks us up from the airport then drops us off at the Island

_________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]


You Dont Need Eyes To See You Need Vision!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:03 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 285
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Chill wrote:
We have been to Meeru 3 times then tried Vila and loved the place, will be our 3rd time in Jan 19 Its our 30th anniversary so wanted to do something really special so we are chartering a 14 metre catamaran for 5 nights which picks us up from the airport then drops us off at the Island


Wow that sounds amazing!

_________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
View user's profile Send private message
Early 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:54 am Reply with quote
Robdouglas
Joined: 20 Nov 2011
Posts: 86
Location: Flintshire North wales
Hi Folks, as said, it's early yet for the travel companies to get their Brochures sorted, im guessing in the next couple of weeks,
We go back to Meeru this Christmas and are looking at Vilamendhoo for next March for a change (Meeru 6 times now) so would love to hear opinions from anyone who has been there
View user's profile Send private message
Re: Early 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:14 am Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 285
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Robdouglas wrote:
Hi Folks, as said, it's early yet for the travel companies to get their Brochures sorted, im guessing in the next couple of weeks,
We go back to Meeru this Christmas and are looking at Vilamendhoo for next March for a change (Meeru 6 times now) so would love to hear opinions from anyone who has been there


We always book our May Meeru holidays as soon as the flights are released 11 months before, so weíve usually booked by mid June. They are definitely late this year and all prices for May onwards I can find are astronomical!!

_________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 547
Location: stafford
Hiya
We went to Vila in 2015 and posted a trip report in the section from elsewhere in the world

_________________

View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:24 pm Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 547
Location: stafford
http://www.meeru.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15150

_________________

View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:34 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 285
Location: Worcestershire, UK
JoanneLorna wrote:
http://www.meeru.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15150


Thatís a great report. Thank you for sharing!

_________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:22 am Reply with quote
Chill
Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 296
Location: Buckinghamshire
Excellent trip report Jo.

We share your views Meeru was our first Maldive holiday but fell Vila has the edge, mainly due to the snorkeling we found the current too strong at Meeru,
We have always stayed in JWVs and at Meeru it is impossible to return to your room via the water we used to hide the key in the fire extinguisher box.
No problem at Vila although I do miss being able to sit in the jacuzzi looking out over the ocean.

Book Vila you will not be disappointed. We booked the beginning of March for our next trip January. Its worth waiting for all the airlines to release their fares as we got a cracking deal with SriLanken Jai at Travel Lab held our room while we sorted the flights.

_________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]


You Dont Need Eyes To See You Need Vision!
View user's profile Send private message
No one selling rooms for May 2019? 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  


Powered by phpBB© 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin