Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Emirates Lounge at Birmingham Goto page 1, 2  Next
Emirates Lounge at Birmingham 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:04 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Has anyone used the Emirates Lounge at Birmingham? Iím just wondering what the food is like, what sort of choices they have etc? Ideally I want to get on the plane and go straight to sleep so Iím wondering if I can get a proper meal in the lounge or if Iíll want to buy dinner at All Bar One like I usually do. Thanks.

[/url]
Re: Emirates Lounge at Birmingham 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Shanksy
bushbaby_de wrote:
Has anyone used the Emirates Lounge at Birmingham? Iím just wondering what the food is like, what sort of choices they have etc? Ideally I want to get on the plane and go straight to sleep so Iím wondering if I can get a proper meal in the lounge or if Iíll want to buy dinner at All Bar One like I usually do. Thanks.

Hi Katie

Can't help with the Birmingham facilities I'm afraid! What time is your flight? We are on a 21.30 flight this time so I'm hoping they will feed me early for the same reason! I really really grudge airport prices and since I've paid for the Emirates flight I'm eating their food - I actually don't mind their food, must be the only time I eat fish curry at what is technically stupid o'clock in the morning!!!

[/url]

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, September 2018
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:52 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Shanksy wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:

Hi Katie

Can't help with the Birmingham facilities I'm afraid! What time is your flight? We are on a 21.30 flight this time so I'm hoping they will feed me early for the same reason! I really really grudge airport prices and since I've paid for the Emirates flight I'm eating their food - I actually don't mind their food, must be the only time I eat fish curry at what is technically stupid o'clock in the morning!!!

Itís a 21:40 flight. That would have been a useful detail wouldnít it?! I really just want to get on the plane and go to bed so I donít feel awful when we get there again so Iím hoping what they have in the lounge is substantial enough. If itís likely to be rubbish Iíd rather pay for a proper dinner in the airport than have to choose between sleep and food on board!

[/url]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Shanksy
bushbaby_de wrote:
Shanksy wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:

Hi Katie

Itís a 21:40 flight. That would have been a useful detail wouldnít it?! I really just want to get on the plane and go to bed so I donít feel awful when we get there again so Iím hoping what they have in the lounge is substantial enough. If itís likely to be rubbish Iíd rather pay for a proper dinner in the airport than have to choose between sleep and food on board!

If they feed you early enough that's still time for a few hours kip I'd imagine for an easy flight they will feed you so they some peace and quiet too

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:59 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Shanksy wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:
Shanksy wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:

Hi Katie

If they feed you early enough that's still time for a few hours kip I'd imagine for an easy flight they will feed you so they some peace and quiet too

Itís such a short flight to Dubai I just want to go straight to sleep. We waited and ate last time and got so little sleep we were hanging the next day!!!

[/url]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Shanksy
[quote="bushbaby_de"]
Shanksy wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:
Shanksy wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:

Hi Katie

Itís such a short flight to Dubai I just want to go straight to sleep. We waited and ate last time and got so little sleep we were hanging the next day!!![/quot

It's 7 1/2 hours from Glasgow to Dubai I'll chance it Laughing

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
bushbaby_de wrote:

Are you flying First, Business or are you a Platinum / Gold Skywards member?
Then this is complimentary upto 4 hours before flight.
If not then of course you can use this faciility at a cost of $100 USD pp and only if you are Skywards member.

Nice place to relax before flight for sure.

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:39 pm Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
Iím with you Katie
We often fly Bham and I want to be asleep before we take off 💤. They never serve early. 9 times out of 10, the flight is late taking off ( time is usually made up ), we then have to wait for cabin crew to be released from their seats, they then do drinks and then spend a ridiculous amount of time handing out kids meals and special menus.

Iíve not done the emirates lounge but Iíd consider a lounge of some kind. We booked a lounge at manc last Easter and had a great meal - I hate plane food - hate eating with a reclining seat inches from my face. I rarely eat on the plane. Iíd go for it if I were you

Worth checking what lounges are there and prices- we didnít pay much for the two of us and certainly got value for money. Check the reviews - some are better than others from the reviews

Last edited by JoanneLorna on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:40 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Casey Jones wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:

If not then of course you can use this faciility at a cost of $100 USD pp and only if you are Skywards member.

Casey Cool

Iím eligible to use it, just trying to find out if itís worth it for dinner or not.

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:43 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
JoanneLorna wrote:
Iím with you Katie
We often fly Bham and I want to be asleep before we take off 💤. They never serve early. 9 times out of 10, the flight is late taking off ( time is usually made up ), we then have to wait for cabin crew to be released from their seats, they then do drinks and then spend a ridiculous amount of time handing out kids meals and special menus.

Iíve not done the emirates lounge but Iíd consider a lounge of some kind. We booked a lounge at manc last Easter and had a great meal - I hate plane food - hate eating with a reclining seat inches from my face. I rarely eat on the plane. Iíd go for it if I were you

Weíre eligible to use the Emirates Lounge so itís not a question of whether or not to pay for a lounge. Just donít want the rigmarole of getting to the lounge and checking in etc if the foods rubbish - Iíd rather go straight to All Bar One for a meal then just grab a drink in the lounge if thereís time left!

[/url]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
bushbaby_de wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:

Casey Cool

Iím eligible to use it, just trying to find out if itís worth it for dinner or not.

Eligible as in you have complimentary or willing to pay $100 USD pp ? Then I presume the latter as you mention is it it worth it.

Are you happy to pay that amount for some quality quiet time, alcohol, hot meals, relaxation then straight to sleep then personally yes I would pay it (£78 pp current rate). Google Emirates Birmingham lounge on you tube it looks pretty decent and good selection of food...go for it !

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
4 glasses of Moet Chandon Champagne each and your half way there cost wise:lol:
And it will help you sleep

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Casey Jones wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:

Casey Cool

Eligible as in you have complimentary or willing to pay $100 USD pp ? Then I presume the latter as you mention is it it worth it.

Are you happy to pay that amount for some quality quiet time, alcohol, hot meals, relaxation then straight to sleep then personally yes I would pay it (£78 pp current rate). Google Emirates Birmingham lounge on you tube it looks pretty decent and good selection of food...go for it !

Casey Cool

No, I mean worth going all the way to the lounge and getting checked in to get some dinner, or whether Iím better off going straight to All Bar One first. Iím not asking about eligibility to use it, Iím asking what the food offering is like.

[/url]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
bushbaby_de wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:

Casey Cool

Casey Cool

No, I mean worth going all the way to the lounge and getting checked in to get some dinner, or whether Iím better off going straight to All Bar One first. Iím not asking about eligibility to use it, Iím asking what the food offering is like.

I dont understand what you are saying..can you explain further please.

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:08 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Casey Jones wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:
Casey Jones wrote:
bushbaby_de wrote:

Casey Cool

Casey Cool

I dont understand what you are saying..can you explain further please.

Casey Cool

Casey. Iím not asking people whether or not I am allowed in the lounge. I am not asking whether entry to the lounge is worth paying for. I am literally just asking if someone who has used it can tell me what food was on offer. Thanks.

[/url]
Emirates Lounge at Birmingham 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion