Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » FAQ » Monarch - Premium Flight Seats Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Monarch - Premium Flight Seats 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Tweetie
Hello

Has anybody ever paid for the better seats, we have for our trip and i am worried that i have been suckered???

Many thanks

Tweetie/Jackie Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Michelle & Phil
Well, you get 4 " more than Monarch economy. But then thats not hard!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Michelle & Phil
Or is that 3" more?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Michelle & Phil
I suppose it depends if its a man or a womans measurements! Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:06 pm Reply with quote
stephen fell
Hello,

we upgraded the seats as we thought we would be flying with my travel being an airtours airline. Only to find that out flight was with Monarch. We got an extra couple of in and to be honest it was worth it as I wouldn't have fitted in the economy seats being 6ft3, that said Monarchs economy seats are the smallest pitch only 28in which is crap !!!!!.

It totally wasn't worth the upgrade really as we got the same seat just a tad bit extra leg room Smile apart from that we had a great time and are planning to go back in 2007 after the building work has been done.

Have a great time :-0

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Tweetie
So in other words we have paid £500 extra for nothing, great!!!!! Is it really that bad. I thought by paying that extra amount you would get like Business class in BA?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
stephen fell
think again !!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:12 am Reply with quote
Tweetie
It is amazing that Monarch are still in business and have not looked at making themselves into a better airline. I suppose what with all the Travel agents using them they are safe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Joess
We flew home with Monarch in Dec as the MyTravel plane broke (great) to be honest I felt we had more legroom on the Monarch than on the MyTravel. The flight we came home on didn't have the upgraded seats however if they are anything like the premiair gold on MyTravel I personally wouldn't pay the extra. I'd spend it in tha spa on Meeru! But thats me......

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote
stephen fell
that's is interesting,

We have flown my travel premier gold when we went to the Caribbean and it was great loads of leg room and great nice seats, we paid the extra for the Maldives because it was so good only to find the the flight was with Monarch. The seats where no different to economy and the leg room was crap.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:12 pm Reply with quote
maggie
hm!

got to agree unless things have changed drastically with My Travel........we flew Premier Gold a few years ago with them and the seats where more like leather armchairs with a really big seat pitch area bigger than the First Choice Star Premier. which we did this year.. also the service was better

but well things do change. and maybe that is one of the things to have gone

maggie Wink

[/url]

bear with me as I am blonde,and am awaiting next vacation
[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:36 pm Reply with quote
ImpJac
I flew in Mytravel Premium Seating last January and found them to be excellent. Very Happy
I have also flown in Air2000 Premium and found that very good as well. Very Happy
I have not flown Monarch Premium, but have been on many holidays to the Caribbean in economy, and never found them a problem. Smile
I am this time flying Premium with First Choice on 26th Feb, but have just found out, the seating goes as to when you booked your holiday.this mean's maybe 6 to 8 couples will be sitting in front of their partners Crying or Very sad
I a not a good flier as I have to be up the front, near the pilot, make's me feel safer Confused Not sitting next to my other half will make me more nervous.

I have been on the phone to FC the last couple of days to see how far down the line I am in the Premium seating, but they won't know until 2 days before we fly.
I will just have to keep my fingers crossed, as you can not pay to sit together in Premium Mad

Jacqui

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Michelle & Phil
Well, we are just in economy with the 2-3-2 seating configuration, and as most people travelling are couples, this means that 1 in 4 couples will not be together Shocked There are three of us so doubt if we will all be together. Phil was in one of those 'why should I pay extra' moods 'never had to before' but he is the one who would absolutely hate being on his own. Never mind, Mum and I can sit together (with the Champagne) and he can be at the other end of the plane with the empty glass. That will teach him Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quote
maggie
ImpJac wrote:
I flew in Mytravel Premium Seating last January and found them to be excellent. Very Happy
I have also flown in Air2000 Premium and found that very good as well. Very Happy
I have not flown Monarch Premium, but have been on many holidays to the Caribbean in economy, and never found them a problem. Smile
I am this time flying Premium with First Choice on 26th Feb, but have just found out, the seating goes as to when you booked your holiday.this mean's maybe 6 to 8 couples will be sitting in front of their partners Crying or Very sad
I a not a good flier as I have to be up the front, near the pilot, make's me feel safer Confused Not sitting next to my other half will make me more nervous.

I have been on the phone to FC the last couple of days to see how far down the line I am in the Premium seating, but they won't know until 2 days before we fly.
I will just have to keep my fingers crossed, as you can not pay to sit together in Premium Mad

Jacqui

hi Jac

there are only 9 rows in Star Premium on FC. so none of the seats are far away from the front........ when we went out on 14th Dec. there where loads of empty seats... and all of the 3 seat configuration in the centre isles where taken only by 1 couple so no-one was seperated.......

why don't you go ionline for the dates that you are travelling and see if any are still comming up as avaiable for sale............

I would hate to travel long haul next to a stranger........so I understand completly where you are comming from.........

have a lovely flight and hols

maggie Wink

[/url]

bear with me as I am blonde,and am awaiting next vacation
[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quote
ImpJac
Hi Michelle & Maggie,
I just looked again at the photo's of the cabin on a FC plane, and the seating in the Star Class is the same configuration as the Premium?
2-3-2
I thought Star was 2-4-2
So your right Michelle alot of people in Star will be split from each other Crying or Very sad

I take it, you and Mum want a window seat Wink
Poor Phil Laughing

Maggie I done that on line at FC and there are no seats left Crying or Very sad
Well that's with FC, but the lady told me other tour operaters may not have sold their number of seats in Premium
so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I WILL be on that plane though

Not going to think about it anymore Confused make myself ill with worry
4 weeks today and I will just be swaying and hic-cupping my way back to my room Laughing Wink
Jacqui

Monarch - Premium Flight Seats 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » FAQ