Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » FAQ » UPDATED MEERU INFORMATION and some guidance... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Simon & Jenny
Thanks for the comprehensive info HJ.

You made reference to a buggy that comes from one end of the island to the other. If you've not got writers cramp from all this typing, could you explain how this works? (We're staying near the Malaan restaurant but are almost certain to want to visit the Asian Wok, so are wondering if you can book it/hire it for getting home after large meals, large drinks and in heavy humidity . . )

Simon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:49 pm Reply with quote
maggie
Simon & Jenny wrote:

You made reference to a buggy that comes from one end of the island to the other. If you've not got writers cramp from all this typing, could you explain how this works? (We're staying near the Malaan restaurant but are almost certain to want to visit the Asian Wok, so are wondering if you can book it/hire it for getting home after large meals, large drinks and in heavy humidity . . )

Simon

hi simon

we used the buggy or the "stretch" as we called it to go down to the Asian Wok.....if you ask at reception iether by walking in or by phone they will organise it for you at a time that suits you.....no charge to this at all..although we did tip the driver a couple of dollars to say thankyou

maggie Wink

[/url]

bear with me as I am blonde,and am awaiting next vacation
[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Vix & Jay
Thank you for taking so much time to reassure us. As a newbie reading recent posts on "various" forums i was beginning to worry and wonder what i was letting myself in for! Confused Now, i feel so much better Very Happy and can't wait to go. Just one worry left......which jacuzzi villa to request, new near the over water or old near the maalan???? Lucky i've got until march to decide!

Vicky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
Simon & Jenny wrote:

Simon

exercise does wonders after a huge meal at the Asian Wok Wink end of the day its not that far to walk ...you cant beat walking along the waters edge with no lights and just the stars and the sound of the sea.

steve Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Shona
Just remember to dodge the crabs Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:13 pm Reply with quote
maggie
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

[/url]

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:14 am Reply with quote
Simon & Jenny
Thanks Maggie and Steve,

After I wrote the note I realised it all sounded somewhat pathetic . . . but then it is a silver wedding anniversary bash, so we might have to conserve our energy at certain times . . . . . Laughing Wink Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:32 am Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
Simon & Jenny wrote:
Thanks Maggie and Steve,

After I wrote the note I realised it all sounded somewhat pathetic . . . but then it is a silver wedding anniversary bash, so we might have to conserve our energy at certain times . . . . . Laughing Wink Laughing Wink

Embarassed

steve Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:56 am Reply with quote
maggie
Simon & Jenny wrote:
Thanks Maggie and Steve,

got to be honest

we used the "stretch" Laughing Laughing to go down in as I wanted to look really lovely for the meal as it was such a special occaision...so not a silly question at all...but we walked back and took in a drink at the Dhoni bar on the way Laughing Laughing

maggie Wink

[/url]

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Lisa & John
Thanks Jim.

The information you have supplied has helped alot. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Mark Jones
God knows why but I have only just got round to reading this thread. I do lead such a busy life nowadays, (maybe it has something to do with this chocolate furry dog hanging off my jeans and pulling me around the dining room!)

An excellent post Jimbo, it certainly clears up many unanswered questions.

A liitle brid tells me you are flying back out to Meeru the same day as we are! Make sure Alison gets you fixed up with a badge!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quote
albawn
Mark Jones wrote:
God knows why but I have only just got round to reading this thread. I do lead such a busy life nowadays, (maybe it has something to do with this chocolate furry dog hanging off my jeans and pulling me around the dining room!)

An excellent post Jimbo, it certainly clears up many unanswered questions.

A liitle brid tells me you are flying back out to Meeru the same day as we are! Make sure Alison gets you fixed up with a badge!

Already sorted. Badge ordered. I will try and post them all before next week. Things as you know have been a bit mad this week. Wink

Alison.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Nellie
Help Humble Jim. Sad

It seems as if you are the one to ask about all Meeru quieries. My boyfriend and I have booked a weeks holiday in a water villa in Jan. We picked Meeru as the brochure seemed to suggest that there was a couple of restaurants that you could choose from. We like to vary where we eat each night so thought Meeru seemed perfect. But reading the reports it seems to suggest we are limited to one restaurant. Is this right?

Also can you answer another question. Staying in a water villa does that mean we are positioned in what most people say is the better end of the island?

many thanks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Nellie wrote:
Help Humble Jim. Sad

It seems as if you are the one to ask about all Meeru quieries.

Embarassed . Well there's lots of other people to help around here too...

Nellie wrote:
My boyfriend and I have booked a weeks holiday in a water villa in Jan. We picked Meeru as the brochure seemed to suggest that there was a couple of restaurants that you could choose from. We like to vary where we eat each night so thought Meeru seemed perfect. But reading the reports it seems to suggest we are limited to one restaurant. Is this right?

Broadly, that is correct. That is, you keep your main regular restaurant for the duration of your stay. It could change in certain circumstances, for example if you decided to upgrade to different accommodation and it made geographic sense to change over.

However there are three other a-la-carte restaurants on the island you can eat at no matter where you're staying/what your regular restaurant is. Those other restaurants are pay-extra for items, but still well worth investigating for that special occasion type meal or if you want to try something very different. If you're on A/I by the way drinks at those restaurants are included in your package but the meals themselves are not.

Nellie wrote:
Also can you answer another question. Staying in a water villa does that mean we are positioned in what most people say is the better end of the island?

You'll be in the northern half of the island. Staying in a Water Villa means that your regular main restaurant will be the Maalan which is perched at the northern tip of Meeru.

'Better' end Laughing ? You'll find advocates hereabouts for every part of the island and arguably they'll all be right ! Nowhere is that far from anywhere on Meeru. For every North End fan there's a corresponding Southern End fan etc. People tend to bond strongly with their rooms and their locations. All have their individual plus points above that of being set on a lovely island.

Big welcome to the forum Nellie, thanks for posting Very Happy !
Has all the construction work finished? 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Rainey
Hi folks
This forum has been a great resource to help me decide to finally take the plunge and book Meeru. I think there's such a thing as too much holiday research! I fancy the Water Villa, which I hope I'm right in thinking is the villa right on the edge of the beach rather than over water? My partner was fixated by the idea of the Asian Wok for a change from the buffet restaurant but I understand from the helpful posts that this is changing to an Open Water restaurant - but is it still Asian Wok style food? (He's very hungry!) Finally I notice from another forum a few folk complaining about ongoing building work ruining their paradise honeymoon - when is all the reconstruction due to finish?
UPDATED MEERU INFORMATION and some guidance... 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » FAQ