Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello! » Hi, i am new!!!
Hi, i am new!!! 
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:03 pm Reply with quote
emmalou
Hi All,

I have been an avid viewer of this forum and as most of the questions I had were already answered I decided to lurk for a while. however my fiance has asked a question i could not find the answer to so thought i would take the plunge!!

Is there any point in him taking a fishing rod/equipment with him to maybe fish off the beach or for boat trips. personally I have no interest in fishing but it will keep him quiet for an hour or two!!!

We leave for Meeru on 19th July for our honeymoon and am very excited! Possibly more excited about Meeru then the actual wedding day!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Hi emmalou, big welcome to here and many congratulations Very Happy !

To answer your question, fishing off the beach is not allowed at all at Meeru. But Meeru does offer a range of fishing excursions though, from night fishing (line based) to Sports and Game Fishing. No need to take any fishing gear with you. You can read up on the details on fishing and many other aspects of what Meeru has to offer on forum member Steve From Durham's site. If you've not been to his site yet it's worth a good look though.

http://www.meeruisland.co.uk

Head for the excursions button on his web site to find details about available fishing options.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quote
emmalou
thanks very much. to be honest I was dreading trying to carry a fishing rod on a plane anyway!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Helly
Hi Emmalou

Welcome to the forum. We love going on the night fishing trips. Its great going out on the boat about an hour before sunset. When the crew turn off the engine it is so lovely and quiet with just the sound of the ocean lapping on the side of the boat. All you have is a line wrapped around a hoop or piece of wood with a lead weight and a piece of fish as bait. As you drop the line over the side of the boat its really exciting to see who will catch the first fish on the boat and what it will be.

Our kids were only about 4 and 7 when we first went and loved the fishing. They were and still are much better than us, they really put us to shame. We dont go fishing in this country as sitting on a windy river bank overlooking a murky river or lake has no appeal. Fishing in the Maldives is a totally different experience.

Regards
Helly.x

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:01 am Reply with quote
mearu
hi emma lou, welcome to the forum and well done for taking the plunge.
I am a fisherman so i'm biased but my wife is quite the opposite. that said we both enjoyed the night fishing trip, its only for a couple of hours but is enjoyed by all that go and its is for everyone. you'll find the trip as full of loved up couples as on the loveboat trip and its great fun, no particular fishing skills are needed it very simple , drop it in .....wait for your line to get heavy and then pull it out. if you catch something big enough and edible, you can take it back and request that the chef cooks it for your tea/supper for a small charge (about $5 i think). its not all about the fishing though, sailing out into the sunset on a small boat is very romantic as is the experience of the quiet when they kill the engines and you gently sway in the moonlight on the inky black sea....hoping for a bite. the crew are excellent and look after you, they'll put you bait on, unhook your fish and make sure your having a good time. so not to messy or unpleasant if thats what you'd imagined....definatly an experience you will both really enjoy.

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello!