Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Announcements » GUIDELINES - EXTERNAL SMILIES IN POSTS
GUIDELINES - EXTERNAL SMILIES IN POSTS 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Graham
Site Admin
Hi all,

Jeepers! I get back from work today and walk straight into a smiley war. I think it's safe to say that there are many people both for and against the use of "external" smileys, but with a little restraint and understanding, everyone can be happy.

For those who like to use external smileys, you are welcome to carry on, but please use them judiciously and when appropriate, and be mindful of their potential to obscure information as well as highlighting it.

For those who don't like external smileys, please stick around and carry on participating. The initial surge appears to have subsided, and there is a whole lot of useful conversation going on.

Call me an idealist, but with a bit of understanding, restraint and "live and let live" from everyone, this forum will continue as an excellent source of information and conversation for everyone.

Cheers,

Graham Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Nadine
I think when its a fairly serious 'conversation', they dont seem to be used a lot, it's more when things get a bit jokey and fun that they creep in, adding a bit of humour.

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Announcements