Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Standard Rooms.....Outside Views....video & pictures Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Standard Rooms.....Outside Views....video & pictures 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:52 am Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 6095
Location: Lancashire.
With so much being said about the location of the Standard Rooms in particular from people who have not even visited Meeru or no have intention of doing so.

I thought I would take some pictures showing the area in front of the rooms and to the rear, including some video footage to give you some insight.

Unfortunatly I did not manage to get some internal pictures, as the day and time I had arranged to do this the weather was slightly raining cats & dogs.

I hope this helps those who have booked a Standard room or those thinking of doing so.

placing it as a stickie for a couple of weeks then place it under general


steve


http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=38bpQJdXEaU

This video shows the right hand side of the "U" with the rooms backing onto the main path as shown in the photographs, this was taken at 09:20 and the only noise is that of the breeze on the microphone, no noise from generators, machines etc


http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=23YMT-IPXSY


This video shows the area in front of the Standard rooms, includes the garden area and room veranders


http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=23YMT-IPXSY

This video shows more of the garden area







As you look at the standard rooms which are in a "U" shape this is the left hand side rear view, the rooms in the far left of the picture are staff rooms





As above





This is the view of the right hand side of the "U" shape, this small road is the main path to the East side of Meeru, the hedge and trees hide the rear of the Rooms





View from the opposite direction, Standard rooms are now on your right hand side





View facing towards the villas, through hedge and trees






View into the front entrance area of the rooms, this view is of the right hand side (left is identical)





View showing the front of a standard room


edited to place 3rd video link


Last edited by Steve from Durham on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quote
NatalieD
Joined: 29 May 2008
Posts: 677
Location: Belfast Northern Ireland
Thanks so much Steve for posting the videos and pics. I'm dying to see the inside of the standard rooms but from the outside they look fine, apart from there is not much privacy on the veranda but we won't be spending any time on the veranda anyway.

I have been a little apprehensive about staying in these rooms but I think they will serve their purpose okay, we spend very little time in our room on holiday, if we're not swimming, sunbathing, snorkelling, or at the spa we'll be in the bar, being irish and all that! hehe! Cool

Thanks again! Very Happy

Natalie x

_________________
Here come the girls...

View user's profile Send private message
Re: Standard Rooms.....Outside Views....video & pictures 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:56 am Reply with quote
sylvia
Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 72
Location: somewhere sunny preferably
Steve from Durham wrote:


Unfortunatly I did not manage to get some internal pictures, as the day and time I had arranged to do this the weather was slightly raining cats & dogs.


Thanks steve but not sure what the external weather conditions would have had on internal photography. thanks anyway

Also I think from previous posts regarding noise from generators, the noticeable disturbance was during the evening /bed time no doubt when the generators would inevitably be at full power. again thanks anyway
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 6095
Location: Lancashire.
Quote:
Thanks steve but not sure what the external weather conditions would have had on internal photography.



How about getting to the rooms from one side of the island...keeping camera dry etc.....not the same as sat in a library keeping dry ...

Keep us updated with regards to your proposed trip to Meeru and perhaps you could arrange to have the picies taken.....then you could offer some modest help to others.


steve
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote
Tartantiara
Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 305
Location: SW Scotland
Cheers Steve - good to get a visual of the island before we go. Can't wait to get the meeru sand between my toes - far away from this dreary office and weather!

_________________
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote
Tartantiara
Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 305
Location: SW Scotland
Steve from Durham wrote:
Quote:
Thanks steve but not sure what the external weather conditions would have had on internal photography.



How about getting to the rooms from one side of the island...keeping camera dry etc.....not the same as sat in a library keeping dry ...

Keep us updated with regards to your proposed trip to Meeru and perhaps you could arrange to have the picies taken.....then you could offer some modest help to others.


steve


Well said Steve.

_________________
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quote
Juleen
Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 19
Location: Lee-On-Solent, Hampshire
Thanks Steve - that's ever so helpful!! I've emailed the resort to check the room type we've got booked (we arrive Nov17th), but if it is a standard then I think things aren't looking too bad!! Anything more will be a bonus given the cheaper price we've paid!

My tickets arrived today YAY!!

xx
View user's profile Send private message
Re: Standard Rooms.....Outside Views....video & pictures 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quote
shelly26aa
Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 32
Location: Warminster
sylvia wrote:
Steve from Durham wrote:


Unfortunatly I did not manage to get some internal pictures, as the day and time I had arranged to do this the weather was slightly raining cats & dogs.


Thanks steve but not sure what the external weather conditions would have had on internal photography. thanks anyway

Also I think from previous posts regarding noise from generators, the noticeable disturbance was during the evening /bed time no doubt when the generators would inevitably be at full power. again thanks anyway



Whats up with this women ? wrond side of the menopause or what ! Seems you have a stalker here Steve Shocked I have yet to book Meeru (least I am honest) thank you for your efforts


Shelly
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
sylvia
Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 72
Location: somewhere sunny preferably
Steve from Durham wrote:
Quote:
Thanks steve but not sure what the external weather conditions would have had on internal photography.

How about getting to the rooms from one side of the island...keeping camera dry etc
steve


Confused Steve not intent on offending you its just that I presumed you would be using something portable of hand size, and you managed the cascading waterfall in maalan rest. Was there a deficit of brollies? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 6095
Location: Lancashire.
sylvia wrote:
Steve from Durham wrote:
Quote:
Thanks steve but not sure what the external weather conditions would have had on internal photography.

How about getting to the rooms from one side of the island...keeping camera dry etc
steve


Confused Steve not intent on offending you its just that I presumed you would be using something portable of hand size, and you managed the cascading waterfall in maalan rest. Was there a deficit of brollies? Wink



Not at all you fool, we where already in the Malaan when it started to rain.....yet another useless post (is it to get your posting numbers up Rolling Eyes )


steve
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Raymond
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 97
Steve thank you for the time you have taken to let the more mature members of the forum know all there is about these rooms, we have a standard room booked for Sept 09 (if you want I would be more than willing to take pictures for you)

Keep up the good work

Raymond
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Nacoss
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 3
Ditto


Well said Raymond


Nacoss
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quote
NatalieD
Joined: 29 May 2008
Posts: 677
Location: Belfast Northern Ireland
I was thinking exactly the same Raymond. Me and my family are staying in 3 standard rooms in April 2009 so I will definately take some pics of our rooms. Cool

I have been looking everywhere for pics of the inside of the standard rooms and can't find anything. I have read some horror stories about the bathrooms etc it would be good if these people would take photographic evidence to back up their bad reviews. I would have thought that would be common sense, in order to submit their complaint to the tour operator anyway... Confused Rolling Eyes

Judging by the pics Steve has taken of the outside of the rooms I'm not worried at all, as long as I am on Meeru in the Maldives I could sleep anywhere! Very Happy

Natalie x

_________________
Here come the girls...

View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote
Raymond
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 97
NatalieD wrote:
I was thinking exactly the same Raymond. Me and my family are staying in 3 standard rooms in April 2009 so I will definately take some pics of our rooms. Cool

I have been looking everywhere for pics of the inside of the standard rooms and can't find anything. I have read some horror stories about the bathrooms etc it would be good if these people would take photographic evidence to back up their bad reviews. I would have thought that would be common sense, in order to submit their complaint to the tour operator anyway... Confused Rolling Eyes
Judging by the pics Steve has taken of the outside of the rooms I'm not worried at all, as long as I am on Meeru in the Maldives I could sleep anywhere! Very Happy

Natalie x



Bold typing says it all IMHO


Raymond
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote
NatalieD
Joined: 29 May 2008
Posts: 677
Location: Belfast Northern Ireland
Raymond wrote:
NatalieD wrote:
I was thinking exactly the same Raymond. Me and my family are staying in 3 standard rooms in April 2009 so I will definately take some pics of our rooms. Cool

I have been looking everywhere for pics of the inside of the standard rooms and can't find anything. I have read some horror stories about the bathrooms etc it would be good if these people would take photographic evidence to back up their bad reviews. I would have thought that would be common sense, in order to submit their complaint to the tour operator anyway... Confused Rolling Eyes
Judging by the pics Steve has taken of the outside of the rooms I'm not worried at all, as long as I am on Meeru in the Maldives I could sleep anywhere! Very Happy

Natalie x



Bold typing says it all IMHO


Raymond


Thanks Raymond, you would easily know I work in defending holiday claims wouldn't you?! hehe! Razz

Natalie x

_________________
Here come the girls...

View user's profile Send private message
Standard Rooms.....Outside Views....video & pictures 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT  
Page 1 of 4  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  


Powered by phpBB© 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin