Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Standard Rooms.....Outside Views....video & pictures Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Standard Rooms.....Outside Views....video & pictures 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:52 am Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
With so much being said about the location of the Standard Rooms in particular from people who have not even visited Meeru or no have intention of doing so.

I thought I would take some pictures showing the area in front of the rooms and to the rear, including some video footage to give you some insight.

Unfortunatly I did not manage to get some internal pictures, as the day and time I had arranged to do this the weather was slightly raining cats & dogs.

I hope this helps those who have booked a Standard room or those thinking of doing so.

placing it as a stickie for a couple of weeks then place it under general

steve

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=38bpQJdXEaU

This video shows the right hand side of the "U" with the rooms backing onto the main path as shown in the photographs, this was taken at 09:20 and the only noise is that of the breeze on the microphone, no noise from generators, machines etc

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=23YMT-IPXSY

This video shows the area in front of the Standard rooms, includes the garden area and room veranders

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=23YMT-IPXSY

This video shows more of the garden area

As you look at the standard rooms which are in a "U" shape this is the left hand side rear view, the rooms in the far left of the picture are staff rooms

As above

This is the view of the right hand side of the "U" shape, this small road is the main path to the East side of Meeru, the hedge and trees hide the rear of the Rooms

View from the opposite direction, Standard rooms are now on your right hand side

View facing towards the villas, through hedge and trees

View into the front entrance area of the rooms, this view is of the right hand side (left is identical)

View showing the front of a standard room

edited to place 3rd video link

Last edited by Steve from Durham on Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quote
NatalieD
Thanks so much Steve for posting the videos and pics. I'm dying to see the inside of the standard rooms but from the outside they look fine, apart from there is not much privacy on the veranda but we won't be spending any time on the veranda anyway.

I have been a little apprehensive about staying in these rooms but I think they will serve their purpose okay, we spend very little time in our room on holiday, if we're not swimming, sunbathing, snorkelling, or at the spa we'll be in the bar, being irish and all that! hehe! Cool

Thanks again! Very Happy

Natalie x

Re: Standard Rooms.....Outside Views....video & pictures 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:56 am Reply with quote
sylvia
Steve from Durham wrote:

Unfortunatly I did not manage to get some internal pictures, as the day and time I had arranged to do this the weather was slightly raining cats & dogs.

Thanks steve but not sure what the external weather conditions would have had on internal photography. thanks anyway

Also I think from previous posts regarding noise from generators, the noticeable disturbance was during the evening /bed time no doubt when the generators would inevitably be at full power. again thanks anyway

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
Quote:
Thanks steve but not sure what the external weather conditions would have had on internal photography.

How about getting to the rooms from one side of the island...keeping camera dry etc.....not the same as sat in a library keeping dry ...

Keep us updated with regards to your proposed trip to Meeru and perhaps you could arrange to have the picies taken.....then you could offer some modest help to others.

steve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote
Tartantiara
Cheers Steve - good to get a visual of the island before we go. Can't wait to get the meeru sand between my toes - far away from this dreary office and weather!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote
Tartantiara
Steve from Durham wrote:
Quote:
Thanks steve but not sure what the external weather conditions would have had on internal photography.

How about getting to the rooms from one side of the island...keeping camera dry etc.....not the same as sat in a library keeping dry ...

Keep us updated with regards to your proposed trip to Meeru and perhaps you could arrange to have the picies taken.....then you could offer some modest help to others.

steve

Well said Steve.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:28 am Reply with quote
Juleen
Thanks Steve - that's ever so helpful!! I've emailed the resort to check the room type we've got booked (we arrive Nov17th), but if it is a standard then I think things aren't looking too bad!! Anything more will be a bonus given the cheaper price we've paid!

My tickets arrived today YAY!!

xx
Re: Standard Rooms.....Outside Views....video & pictures 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quote
shelly26aa
sylvia wrote:
Steve from Durham wrote:

Thanks steve but not sure what the external weather conditions would have had on internal photography. thanks anyway

Also I think from previous posts regarding noise from generators, the noticeable disturbance was during the evening /bed time no doubt when the generators would inevitably be at full power. again thanks anyway

Whats up with this women ? wrond side of the menopause or what ! Seems you have a stalker here Steve Shocked I have yet to book Meeru (least I am honest) thank you for your efforts

Shelly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
sylvia
Steve from Durham wrote:
Quote:

How about getting to the rooms from one side of the island...keeping camera dry etc
steve

Confused Steve not intent on offending you its just that I presumed you would be using something portable of hand size, and you managed the cascading waterfall in maalan rest. Was there a deficit of brollies? Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
sylvia wrote:
Steve from Durham wrote:
Quote:

How about getting to the rooms from one side of the island...keeping camera dry etc
steve

Confused Steve not intent on offending you its just that I presumed you would be using something portable of hand size, and you managed the cascading waterfall in maalan rest. Was there a deficit of brollies? Wink

Not at all you fool, we where already in the Malaan when it started to rain.....yet another useless post (is it to get your posting numbers up Rolling Eyes )

steve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Raymond
Steve thank you for the time you have taken to let the more mature members of the forum know all there is about these rooms, we have a standard room booked for Sept 09 (if you want I would be more than willing to take pictures for you)

Keep up the good work

Raymond

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Nacoss
Ditto

Well said Raymond

Nacoss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quote
NatalieD
I was thinking exactly the same Raymond. Me and my family are staying in 3 standard rooms in April 2009 so I will definately take some pics of our rooms. Cool

I have been looking everywhere for pics of the inside of the standard rooms and can't find anything. I have read some horror stories about the bathrooms etc it would be good if these people would take photographic evidence to back up their bad reviews. I would have thought that would be common sense, in order to submit their complaint to the tour operator anyway... Confused Rolling Eyes

Judging by the pics Steve has taken of the outside of the rooms I'm not worried at all, as long as I am on Meeru in the Maldives I could sleep anywhere! Very Happy

Natalie x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote
Raymond
NatalieD wrote:
I was thinking exactly the same Raymond. Me and my family are staying in 3 standard rooms in April 2009 so I will definately take some pics of our rooms. Cool

I have been looking everywhere for pics of the inside of the standard rooms and can't find anything. I have read some horror stories about the bathrooms etc it would be good if these people would take photographic evidence to back up their bad reviews. I would have thought that would be common sense, in order to submit their complaint to the tour operator anyway... Confused Rolling Eyes
Judging by the pics Steve has taken of the outside of the rooms I'm not worried at all, as long as I am on Meeru in the Maldives I could sleep anywhere! Very Happy

Natalie x

Bold typing says it all IMHO

Raymond

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote
NatalieD
Raymond wrote:
NatalieD wrote:

Natalie x

Bold typing says it all IMHO

Raymond

Thanks Raymond, you would easily know I work in defending holiday claims wouldn't you?! hehe! Razz

Natalie x

Standard Rooms.....Outside Views....video & pictures 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion