Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Standard Rooms.....Outside Views....video & pictures Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
There has been long running confusion on this front...

http://www.meeru.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9224

My best guess, but don't know for sure, is that you have a Land Villa (a.k.a Beach Villa).

FC have been trying to improve things on this front recently. Some forum members got letters in the last year that explicitly decoded 'Villax' to Meeru room terminology. This may have been prompted by the reaction of some guests arriving at Meeru and discovering they hadn't in fact booked the room type they thought they had and had felt deceived/misled.

If you booked through Thomson's there must be surely someone there who can tell you what you booked. First tell them what you believe you booked (I'm not clear what that is from your post) and take it from there. The full set of room types on Meeru is below, in ascending grade/cost order:

- Standard Rooms (what FC/Thomson have been known to call 'Garden View' rooms in the past). Land based.
- Land Villas (or Beach Villas). Land based. Old Meeru name for these is 'Superior Room', a term Kuoni uses, or was using until recently.
- Jacuzzi Land Villas (or Jacuzzi Beach Villas). Land based.
- Water Villas (sometimes called 'Water Rooms' or 'Water Bungalows' by some travel companies). Shoreline based, set on land just at the water's edge.
- Jacuzzi Water Villas. Over water on stilts.
- Honeymoon suites. Over water on stilts. There's just two of these rooms.

www.meeru.com and www.meeruisland.co.uk has photos of the room type range.

Hope this assists.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Chris.Davison
Thanks for your response.

We actually asked for a villa not a room. We have paid for an upgrade but they could not tell me what I had actually paid for. All they said is that I have a villa - it wont have a sea view but will have a lagoon view.

They have told me that they do not offer standard rooms on their packages which still left me non the wiser as the previous websites that I went on only talked about bv,jbv etc...

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Kareen
Chris.Davison wrote:
Hi Guys,

My partner I have booked a holiday to Meeru for June 2010 through Thomson who booked it through First Choice. My documents say "1 Villa4 SH WC AC".

I have asked them to confirm what I have actually paid for, which may come as no surprise when they said "First Choice dont offer the standard rooms" I definately have a Villa?? Its not a beach villa though. Question

No one can tell me what I have paid for. I cant see any standard Villa's, all I see are BV,JBV,WV & OWV and the standard rooms.

Looking at the posts I am no longer concerned with standard of the standard garden rooms but would like to hear if any of you have any idea on what I can expect - the travel agents certainly cant tell me what I have paid for.

We had this exact same issue when we booked with First Choice and got the same reply, "we don't do standard rooms". I have been constantly phoneing them to get confirmation that it IS actually a beach villa we have paid for, and they have finally confirmed that it is definately a beach villa, even going to the extent of telling me that they are on the east side of the island, (which we knew). So, if in 11 days time we find any different, guess who will be sueing First Choice. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:49 am Reply with quote
lu lu
Kareen wrote:
Chris.Davison wrote:
Hi Guys,

My partner I have booked a holiday to Meeru for June 2010 through Thomson who booked it through First Choice. My documents say "1 Villa4 SH WC AC".

I have asked them to confirm what I have actually paid for, which may come as no surprise when they said "First Choice dont offer the standard rooms" I definately have a Villa?? Its not a beach villa though. Question

No one can tell me what I have paid for. I cant see any standard Villa's, all I see are BV,JBV,WV & OWV and the standard rooms.

Looking at the posts I am no longer concerned with standard of the standard garden rooms but would like to hear if any of you have any idea on what I can expect - the travel agents certainly cant tell me what I have paid for.

We had this exact same issue when we booked with First Choice and got the same reply, "we don't do standard rooms". I have been constantly phoneing them to get confirmation that it IS actually a beach villa we have paid for, and they have finally confirmed that it is definately a beach villa, even going to the extent of telling me that they are on the east side of the island, (which we knew). So, if in 11 days time we find any different, guess who will be sueing First Choice. Laughing Laughing Laughing

i'e had the same problem too & i was told at 1 point they didn't sell standard rooms & was told by someone else at FC that i had a standard room, they described the U shape. Anyway they sent a map over of the island & it didn't match up with what they told me.

Anyway i took it further & got them to put it in writing that we have a beach villa.

Kareen have you got it in writing? Becuase if the worse happend & you needed to sue without written proof there is not alot that can be done as it's your word against their's. Hopefully it won't come to this though.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quote
nannamaggs
hi every one
i had the same problem when i booked in jan 09 i contacted
customer services via email and got a prompt reply as F/C
could not verify what i had paid for they only had codes like
you have
Marg

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quote
lu lu
nannamaggs wrote:
hi every one
i had the same problem when i booked in jan 09 i contacted
customer services via email and got a prompt reply as F/C
could not verify what i had paid for they only had codes like
you have
Marg

contacted customer services at FC?

xx

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quote
nannamaggs
hi lu lu
i think it was thompsons as when i got the email it said
thompson customer services at the end, as they are one
and the same i dont really think it matters you could
email both just to be sure, i also emailed them a few weeks
before travelling (now that email was to thompson
re reserved seating) as the plan of the
aircraft was different when i booked my seats and when i
checked we were over the wing NOT where i wanted to be
and they moved us to what i wanted window seats but further
to the rear of the plane they were very helpful Smile
Marg

[/url]
first choice 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Chris.Davison
I have taken your advice Kareen - I called FC direct as was getting no joy from thomsons - at first they told me I had a standard garden room but I told the bloke "John" that I paid for a Villa and that my Thomson agent told me that they do not offer standard garden view rooms on their tropical brochures's.

He proceeded to put me on fold for 6 minutes while he spoke to one of his colleague's and then came back and confirmed that I have a beach villa?? I have requested this in writing and by email - I will have to wait and see if I get eiher.

I have pre-warned FC that if the worst were to happen and if we have paid for a Villa and they put us in a Garden room legal action will be taken against Thomson's & First Choice regarding their misleading/mis-selling sales practice.
Re: first choice 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Kareen
Chris.Davison wrote:
I have taken your advice Kareen - I called FC direct as was getting no joy from thomsons - at first they told me I had a standard garden room but I told the bloke "John" that I paid for a Villa and that my Thomson agent told me that they do not offer standard garden view rooms on their tropical brochures's.

He proceeded to put me on fold for 6 minutes while he spoke to one of his colleague's and then came back and confirmed that I have a beach villa?? I have requested this in writing and by email - I will have to wait and see if I get eiher.

I have pre-warned FC that if the worst were to happen and if we have paid for a Villa and they put us in a Garden room legal action will be taken against Thomson's & First Choice regarding their misleading/mis-selling sales practice.

Good luck with that, let me know if you get any confirmation in writing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Chris.Davison
Hi All

this is the transcript I received from Meeru island reservations - for obvious reasons I have X out the name of the assistant that has emailed me.

Funnily enough FC have yet to confirm anything in writing - so much for customer service!!!!!!!

Dear Chris,

Greetings from Meeru Island Resort!

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

We regret to inform you that we have not received your booking yet from the tour operator. This is because they have confirmed your booking within their contracted allotment with us. In this case they will be sending your booking nearer to your arrival.

First Choice Holidays / Thomson Holidays “Villa4”, are Beach Villas, individual wooden bungalows on the beach with a beautiful view of the lagoon. These Villas are located on southern part of the island and divided into two series, 200s and 400s. Please find the attached map for your kind review!

Hope the above suits your requirements.

If you required any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to welcoming you to Meeru.

Thank you,

Best regards,

Xxx Xxxxxxx, Reservations Assistant

Meeru Island Resort

Champa Building, 3rd Floor

Male', 20187

Republic of Maldives

Tel: (960) 6643157 (Meeru Island Resort)

Fax: (960) 6645946 (Meeru Island Resort)

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:43 am Reply with quote
lu lu
i wonder if mine's that then as mine just say's villa sleeps 4.

must be the same though - they must of just abbreviated it now, well i'm hoping that's the case Rolling Eyes

Confused

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote
Chris.Davison
I have just received an email from the retail manager of Thomsons & if you booked a garden room with them it would definately say garden view room not Villa4 Smile

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:27 am Reply with quote
lu lu
Chris.Davison wrote:
I have just received an email from the retail manager of Thomsons & if you booked a garden room with them it would definately say garden view room not Villa4 Smile

yeah first choice already told me that but i still don't trust them 100% it's as if they don't know what they are selling.

we'll see when we get there

thanks tho

x

[/url]
Villa confirmation at last 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:57 am Reply with quote
Chris.Davison
I have received an email from the head of First Choice pre travel services advising that we definately have a beach villa. Smile I have also received an email from meeru Island now confirming that First Choice have confirmed my booking with them.

Last edited by Chris.Davison on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

[/url]
Re: Villa confirmation at last 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:41 am Reply with quote
lu lu
Chris.Davison wrote:
I have received an email from the head of First Choice pre travel services advising that we definately have a beach villa. Smile I have also received an email from meeru Island now confirming that First Choice have confirmed my booking with them and they have allocated us Villa 259 Smile

when do you actually get to meeru then?

is it fairly soon?
they don't normally have your booking until about 3 weeks before??

x

[/url]
Standard Rooms.....Outside Views....video & pictures 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion