Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » MEERU FREE CRUISE OFFERS Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:13 am Reply with quote
t2truth
Brilliant report Pamela!

I really struggle with the cruise personally. Now don't get me wrong, I think it is an amazing offer for anyone when it comes up and I would love to go on it sooooooooo much. This report (and a couple of others I have read previously) just keeps confirming to me how amazing it must be in every way.
My problem is that once I get to Meeru, I really really struggle leaving the Island. I instantly feel at home and find it so difficult in my head to sign away those few days on the cruise!! Embarassed Embarassed Ridiculous arn't I? Laughing I know how much I would enjoy it and everytime we have been we go for 3 weeks!!!! I still can't fit it in hehehehe.
Maybe one day I will try it. I know I wont be disappointed.

Thanks again Pamela.

Lynda Cool Cool Cool

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:40 am Reply with quote
willow1
What an amazing report and it is nice to see the inside facilities of the boat. You all had such a brilliant and fun time. I wasn't really interested in going on the 3 day cruise but after reading your report I definitely will sign up for one if it becomes available. Fingers crossed!

Barbara

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:59 am Reply with quote
Kev'n'Katy
The cruise sounds amazing!!! Think I'll have no problem in tempting Kev to do this when we go for our honeymoon next year. Just hope we get the chance - what an experience!
The pictures and report are fab. Thanks

Katy

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote
lindags
Fantastic Pamela but know what you mean Lynda (t2truth) - we ummed and ahhed over going on the cruise so much but we didn't want to miss a minute on the island - maybe next time Razz

Linda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:41 am Reply with quote
Ang & Jeff
We loved the cruise soooooo much that when Meeru came in to view we did not want to get off!! Never thought we'd dread the sight of Meeru, but there you go!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quote
AlisonD
Thanks Pamela (and Steve for the fab pics). I would love to do the cruise but John is NO sailor and wouldn't even entertain the idea which is a great shame. Perhaps I'll have to trade him in for a better model!

Alison Very Happy

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
BOB.G
Hi Pamela absolutely brilliant report we went on the loveboat cruise on the same boat years ago and it has brought back memories,I would also like to know which Bryan Adams track was being played at full blast was it by any chance summer of 69 which also reminds me of Meeru as it was played in the Dhoni bar by the band who I think were called the Sultans.BOB.G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Haggis slayer
Hi Pamela

Thanks for a very informative & entertaining report. You answered all my questions before I asked them!
We would love to do the cruise but once im on Meeru getting motivated to do any thing is a bit of a problem. But I think we will seriously consider it if its available when we are there in May.

Julie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Ian & Jo
What a great cruise report, we were only on Meeru for a week and didn't feel we wanted to spend 3 days away from what we really enjoy but having read your report perhaps we should have given it a go - perhaps next time.

Ian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:48 pm Reply with quote
G & T
Hello Pamela,

Many thanks for a great report. We had the chance to go on the cruise last November (was very excited when I spotted the form in reception), but unfortunately my husband doesn't swim so he didn't feel comfortable at the prospect on being 'at sea' for 2 whole days.

I understand completely if anyone feels that way but must admit to a big pang of disappointment Sad . Your report and pictures make me want to go even more now.

Pictures were great too Steve,so thanks to both of you.

Gwen

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote
ColinH
Thankyou for such stunning pictures and enjoyable report Very Happy really gives a feel for the trip. I don't think anyone would share a trip with my two girls and a sea sick wife thogh!!!!!! Laughing

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:35 pm Reply with quote
issybee23
Hi Pamela

That sounds absolutely fantastic! We returned on the 18th of April an dnow wish we had taken up the offer.

Our concern was mainly that we had read on here that you would have to vacate your rooms and then may get allocated a different room. ie an attempt by Meeru to deal with over booking.

I'm quite sad we missed out really... there's only one thing for it though we will have to start saving and make sure we go back and then we WILL go on the cruise.

Thanks for a lovely report... a real eye-opener!!!!

Issy

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Mark
Brilliant report, as one would expect. I hope this finally puts to rest the demented ramblings of the antimeeruite.

Is HJ any relation of Howard Hughes? How is it that everyone gets in the photos.....we have even seen Pam in THAT hat.....but never HJ. Does he really exist or is he a myth. Come on someone must have the evidence. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote
nannamaggs
Pamela and Steve

thank you so much for the report i have read it twice nowand considering i have not been to meeru yet (and have got to wait till feb 2010) i feel like i know the place already i only hope that we will have the chance to retrace your footsteps and have as good a time as you all apeared to do

i am begining to think of Meeru as a adventure and not a totally relaxing time which is why we chose the maldives
hears to Meeru Magic to all who venture there
thank you again
Marg

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quote
niccol
goodness me that brought back so many lovely memories.....4 weeks ago tomorrow we were on the cruise, funnily enough in the same rooms (as we were also in room 121). Kagi Island evening was so amazing, the darkness and the singing and dancing got quite frenetic (hope thats the right word) at times...my husband was expecting spears through the bushes. It was staggeringly brilliant and we laughed so much. Also 'caught' a bottle of vodka, i bet the champagne bottle was heavy the vodka one was bad enough. Should have guessed really by how much the crew rounded everyone up to watch me reel in my 'fish' while they were laughing their socks off! We have some photo's off the candles and hearts and table dec's but im not so clever at uploading them, trust me it brought tears to our eyes. It was lovely to have the captain sit and eat with us too that night.

[img][img]

[/url]
MEERU FREE CRUISE OFFERS 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports