Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » MEERU FREE CRUISE OFFERS Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote
dawhch
Just read your cruise report Pamela thank you for taking the time to put in so much helpful detail. It was also interesting to see the photos of the cabins etc. it looked a lovely boat. We're off in just over two weeks and your report has certainly peaked our interest in the cruise should we be fortunate enough to be offered the opportunity. Thanks again.

Bev.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Boris&Doris
Thanks Pam

Just read your report and I can 100% agree with every word, we went out on the trip you came in on (4th April) unfortunaly we went out on a storm and whilst sitting in reception we were all a littlw worried!

Even though we saw no dolphines or manta rays we had the most fabulous time and didn't want to leave, this was the absolute high light to our holiday, we were joined by Mick & Susan from London and 7 Germans, we all got on well and had a fantastic time, you brought all the memories back and if we could go back on the cruise tomorrow we would!

We would like to thank all the crew and wish Shiham (ahmed) the best wishes on the birth of his 1st baby (he had to rush off the day we got back to go to hospital, his wife was in labour and not due until 23rd!!). The crew were fantastic and the trip wouldn't have been the same without them! We had a name for Zakariya (fish man) he was the best snorkeller ever and he knew where to find things, we even saw and swam with a turtle!

Now I am rambling and could have done our own report but you covered it. I would say to everyone pack up your bags, leave them with reception and get out to sea you will not be sorry. Smile Smile Smile Smile

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Well I go away for a day or so on business....and I come back to this superb trip report Very Happy.

There was much scheming that went on (I discover in retrospect !) as regards my wholly unexpected birthday festivities. Even my Pam was kept in the dark - a noteworthy feat in its own right Smile. My midnight party was wonderful and how on earth had they done the bed decoration on the boat!

The whole cruise, really amounted to a truly exhilarating holiday within a holiday. The dedicated crew and fab shipmates made it the best holiday ever. I mean really.

If you get the chance to go for this cruise option then grab it !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:09 am Reply with quote
Helly
Hi Pamela

What an amazing report. We go in just over 4 weeks and cant wait to put our names on the list. We are hoping to get a boat for the 6 of us.

I remember the chocolate cake well when it was our sons birthday on a previous visit. He will be celebrating again on this visit so will be ordering one again. Very light and chocolately without being sickly sweet. Sooo yummy!!

Just realised this evening it is only a couple of weeks untill we are able to email reservations with our requests.

Getting very excited Very Happy Very Happy

Regards
Helly.x

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:18 am Reply with quote
Pauline10253
Thanks for a great report.

Like you said you will probably make a lot of people want to go.

Having been several times to Meeru i always think i would like to try the cruise, however once i get settled in i can't be bothered to move.

However as we are going back in Jan, and fortunately or un which ever way i look at it, Lee & Mark are going the same time. i am already being badgered by Lee )who states is not a good sailor, to give it a go.

I am sure we will, as we had a great time earlier this year with them.

Its amazing what the crew can do in a confind space.

Also like someone said how come HJ has managed not to have a photo printed

Pauline

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:25 am Reply with quote
soobs
Hi what a fantastic report, I have been logging on each night waiting for the report as promised by Steve - well it was worth the wait. Our first trip to Meeru in 2004 the free boat offer the first few days of our trip but as we were newies to Meeru and the Maldives and we thought it was a bit of a con. What an error of judgement – It’s not in the Moldavians nature to con people.
On all return trips since then the trip has not been on offer - oh boy we really missed the opportunity.
Our last trip 12.12.08 for a week, the island was not full so we were treated to a few days in a JWV 300's last on the runway - it rained for 2 of the days were in the JWV so would have been better on land. But the experience was really worth it.
We will be back not sure when yet but it is one of life’s 100% certainties. We will be hoping the trip is on because we will be first in the queue.
Thanks again for a brill report. Cannot wait for more photo's.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quote
maggie
ohhhhhhhh pamela

you are a star...........and should be in publishing

you made me laugh and cry all at the same time.....what a wonderful report.I was completely captivated

I could see you talking to me as I read it..

and steve your piccies are awesome

as you know we are already HUGE fans of the 3 day cruise

it is ....an amazing holiday within an amazing holiday

and one NOT to be missed

cruising the Indian Ocean on a luxury schooner with your own crew who look after your every whim and fancy......and surrounded by people who you really get on with

Give me a cruise every Meeru hols..........it's truly amazing

sorry we missed you all this time....and looks as if we are going to be earlier on Meeru than you all next time as well Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

but one day.....we will all meet up once again on Meeru and relive the dream again

maggie Wink

[/url]

bear with me as I am blonde,and am awaiting next vacation
[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 am Reply with quote
Pamela
Mark wrote:
Brilliant report, as one would expect. I hope this finally puts to rest the demented ramblings of the antimeeruite.

Is HJ any relation of Howard Hughes? How is it that everyone gets in the photos.....we have even seen Pam in THAT hat.....but never HJ. Does he really exist or is he a myth. Come on someone must have the evidence. Very Happy

Hi Mark.

If you look at Stevens new avatar, reflected in his glasses is a man .

Positive proof that HJ exists and moves amongst us !! Laughing

Pamela x

www.babysigners.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Mark wrote:
...Is HJ any relation of Howard Hughes? How is it that everyone gets in the photos.....we have even seen Pam in THAT hat.....but never HJ. Does he really exist or is he a myth. Come on someone must have the evidence. Very Happy

Pauline10253 wrote:
...Also like someone said how come HJ has managed not to have a photo printed

You can see from my avatar I wear an eye mask to retain anonymity Wink.

Yes it was me who took the shot that is now Steve From Durham's new avatar. That's me in the reflection, see, along with a sunbathing couple and the island of Dhiffushi in the background.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quote
Pamela
Steven has a few more pictures to put on in particular Kagi Island, so hopefully they will all be on in the next day or so.

Pamela x

www.babysigners.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote
maggie
hopefully this will work

the piccie below is one of the infamous man himself taking one of his brilliant photo shots of bats by the pool

yes

HJ the enigma does exist

the reason why everyone is looking at HJ taking his shot....is because we where giggling so much whilst taking the piccie ourselves of HJ....folks being folks wanted to know what we found so amusing to take a piccie of:lol: Laughing Laughing

maggie Wink

http://share.ovi.com/media/migmogs.public/migmogs.10038?sort=0

[/url]

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Mark
Jim.

I am now confident from Maggies photo and your reflection in Steves sunglasses that I will be able to recognise you at 50 paces in a darkened room Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote
maggie
Mark wrote:
Jim.

I am now confident from Maggies photo and your reflection in Steves sunglasses that I will be able to recognise you at 50 paces in a darkened room Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

[/url]

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Ang & Jeff
HJ .....remain anonymous.......Charlie of Charlie's angels comes to mind......hehe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
Have uploaded the pictures of "craggy" island and they should be on here this evening (now the sun has gone out of the garden)

steve
MEERU FREE CRUISE OFFERS 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports