Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello! » Honeymoon on Meeru from 20th July 2009
Honeymoon on Meeru from 20th July 2009 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote
grahmc
Hi Guys - just a quick introduction myself and wife to be Jill are due to travel to Meeru evening of 19th July from Gatwick arriving on 20th July for two weeks honeymoon.

We have not been to Meeru before but did go to Meedupparu last year (where I proposed).

Hopefully looking forward to meeting a few of the forum members while we are there.

Graham & Jill Smile Very Happy Smile
Re: Honeymoon on Meeru from 20th July 2009 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
grahmc wrote:
Hi Guys - just a quick introduction myself and wife to be Jill are due to travel to Meeru evening of 19th July from Gatwick arriving on 20th July for two weeks honeymoon.

We have not been to Meeru before but did go to Meedupparu last year (where I proposed).

Hopefully looking forward to meeting a few of the forum members while we are there.

Graham & Jill Smile Very Happy Smile

Hi Graham & Jill,

Welcome here & congratulations. You will have a fab honeymoon I,m sure.

Any questions just fire away and someone will help. Check the calender on the tool bar to see who is going when you are on Meeru also add yourself if you wish.

How did you find Meedhupparu ? (very romantic with you proposing as well). Maybe you can do a short trip report in the 'reports from anywhere else in the world section' ?

Best wishes..

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote
grahmc
Meedhupparu is a fairly good island. Large. with a section dedicated to water villas which is out of bounds to other guests. It does mean that you cannot walk around the island fully which is a shame.

The island is spoilt on some shores by large concrete groins put there to stop erosion. It did mean that some of the water trapped between the sea and old beach looked a bit stale.

The facilities on the island are quite good. We stopped in a beach villa which was looked after by a couple of boys who stayed out of the way most of the time. We gave them a good tip at the end of the fortnight however.

Restraunt choice was excellent and the waiter we had was great. There is a large central bar area as well as some smaller bars near the shore. AI stopped working at these after 6 oclock in the evening which was the signal to wallk back to the room and prepare for the evening.

At the right price, it is a fair place to go for a very restful holiday. We tend not to go back to the same place year after year so would not want to return while there are so many other islands to go to.

I will try to put a trip report together by the weekend if time permits. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quote
issybee23
Hello

Coongratulations!

We got married in April and went to Meeru for our honeymoon.... Fantastic place.....

Don't forget to go to the overwater spa and have the honeymoon indulgence.... not cheap, but well worth it. They make you feel soooo special.....

You'll have a fab time!!... I'm jealous!!!

Issy

[/url]
Honeymoon on Meeru from 20th July 2009 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello!