Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Nearly Honeymoon disaster Goto page 1, 2  Next
Nearly Honeymoon disaster 
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote
divingmoose
Hi,
As i stated on a few posts we are getting married 3rd of July and Flying to paradise on the 6th July. Well this morning been told by maldives superdeals who we are booked with that the Monarch flights from manchester have been cancelled due to them being empty. I though here we go the nightmare begins. We have been given the alternative to fly with Emirates but this will involve a stop a Dubai, not for long a few hours. My questions are,
Has anyone flown with Emirates? We had upgraded with Monarch to premium but have been told by the tour operator that things we would have got with premium are standard with Emirates, ie drinks more room etc.
Also we dont fly home until 02.30 in the morning, is it possible to get a late checkout with a JWV and is it expensive. Also any idea what time the latest speedboat transfer to male is and whats the aiport like, ie can we kill a few hours or is it worth a look round male to kill time.
Thanks Lee & Emma

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote
1983_Sarah
Hi there - oh dear! I last visited Meeru 2006 so a bit out of date but when I went we flew monarch standard style and it was sooo cramped and had to pay for everything hence I assume you upgrading) all the stuff I have heard about Emirates has been great, all the usual long haul stuff as standard, and a TV in the back of the seat for entertainment and so forth so you may find you're better off! I know there is a stop in Dubai but at least you'll get to Meeru! Very Happy

The site below will give you links to Emirates, hope that helps!

http://www.emirates.com/ch/english/flying/flying_with_emirates.aspx

Meeru May 2005
Meeru June 2009
Meeru 2010
Vilamendhoo 2011

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Kel & Wayne
Oh no..... things like that normally happnen to me.......

We are flying direct with Sri Lanken airways have you tried looking at their flights?

Wink

Last edited by Kel & Wayne on Mon May 18, 2009 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote
maria & mike
Hi Lee & Emma

Just read your post regarding Monarch cancelling your flight! Shocked

If you now have to book a late check out villa because of the flight time - you make absolutly sure, that any extra cost that are inccured, are payed by your travel operator....after all, it has nothing to do with you why it has been cancelled!! Wink

Might be an idea, you contact them first and inform them of your intentions and pick up reciepts for extra costs, and present them to your travel operator upon your return!

Dont give up without a fight..it would cheese me off if it was my holiday that was being messed around with by a third party...and a honeymoon should be special with pleasurable memories...starting with a stress free flight!!!

Congratulations & all the best for the wedding!

Maria & Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote
alan.yates
Hi Divingmoose

Check out the information on this link: Particularly the suggestion to pre book the twin seats at the rear of the flight, this is at no extra cost.

http://www.meeru.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8304&highlight=emirates+flight+seat+booking

It may be possible to obtain a late a late check out, it all depends on the timing of people following you in your villa.

It should also be possible for you to be on the last speedboat leaving Meeru, then just make the most of the time in Male Airport, then enjoy the Duty Free in Dubai Laughing

Alan

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:01 pm Reply with quote
ivorfatarse
We have used emirates a few times leaving male at 2 30 am no probs speed boat leaves meeru at 11pm. Meeru gave us a standard room for the day.Emirates are awesome great pitch, seatback entertainment is excellent, free drinks big thumbs up from me. We flew with monarch to kenya and it was dreadful the worst flight ever.
We told hays and jarvis it was our honeymoon and they said they would line up a surprise when we landed at male the stewardess came up to us and gave us a wedding cake!!!Top airline

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quote
sunbeam
We are flying with Emirates on 20 June and are really looking foreward to it, we managed to book the 2 seats at the back for all legs of the journey so we're lucky.
Have a look at the Emirates website to get an idea of what flying with Emirates is like, it gets a thumbs up from me. Very Happy

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/flying/emirates_experience/emirates_experience.aspx

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote
loobieloo
Hi

Haven't flown with Emirates yet due to next March. Have already booked the seats that we wish to travel in for all four legs of the journey. We to fly out of Male at 02.30 in the morning but we have our room and board up until the time we leave.
We have paid for 14 nights which entails arriving on the Friday and leaving early Friday morning at 02.20 hours so basicallly we would have the room till check out at 10am on the Friday. You will need to check your arrival day and what day you actually leave the island. I would however recommend tht you check with your travel agents as well.

Hope it works out for you and enjoy Meeru. Smile

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote
1983_Sarah
How did you book your seats early? I joined the frequent flier thing but all I can see is the early check in option?!

Meeru May 2005
Meeru June 2009
Meeru 2010
Vilamendhoo 2011

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
1983_Sarah wrote:
How did you book your seats early? I joined the frequent flier thing but all I can see is the early check in option?!

Hi Sarah,

As you fly in a month or so...I take it you have booked your seats for your Emirates flights?

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:36 am Reply with quote
chrisdawson
Hi Lee and Emma

We have just returned from Meeru and we flew with Emirates from Newcastle via Dubai. The Emirates flights are far better with your own entertainment system with choice of menu, free drinks and an excellent choice of new films to watch. We have flowen with Monarch twice to the Maldives and would never use them again.
Dubai airport / duty free is great and is such an eye opener with plenty to do and to look at.

Chris + Kate

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote
AlisonD
loobieloo wrote:
Have already booked the seats that we wish to travel in for all four legs of the journey

Hi, I'd also be interested to know how you booked your seats - we are travelling to Kuredu in August with the children and flying with Emirates. I've also joined the Skywards scheme and while I can see our booking on the system I don't seem to have the option to choose seats - any ideas??

Alison

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote
sunbeam
Sarah and Alison I have PM'd you Very Happy

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Pasty
Hi divingmoose, we are also honeymooning in Meeru in July, we arrive on the 11th July after a few days in Dubai,

I cant wait Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Scouse Jeanette
Hiya , we returned 4weeks ago and done the emirates flight with the stopover in dubia. Emirates were a great airline and nothing to much trouble, with all the extras and great inflight entertainment with an unbelievable amount of choice and also free drinks,nibbles and even ice cream in between meals Very Happy the downside for us was the 3hr stop both ways Sad we found it very tiring to be honest. We asked guest relations in meeru about keeping our room on but was very expensive and also our all inclusive ran out at 12clock lunch time . Our transfer time was at 2.30pm and there was definatly no 11pm speedboat. Our kuoni rep got us into the hulehule hotel right next to the airport for 35dollars each to include the use of the pool and showers with towels included as our flight didnt leave male till 2.30 early hours. To be totally honest we loved emirates but would definatly opt for non stop flights next time simply for conveinience as by waiting round was a pain after having to leave meeru at 2.30 that day. This is just my opinion, hope that helps you. Wink

cheers jeanette

[/url]
Nearly Honeymoon disaster 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum