Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » The end of this forum? Goto page 1, 2  Next
The end of this forum? 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:44 am Reply with quote
rickc
Well, it now looks like this place has ended its useful life. Nothing but spam everywhere, no action to deal with it, and no new, genuine posts about anything. Just spam, spam and more spam. Can anyone explain to me, in terms I can understand, what these people actually gain from their activity here. Am I missing something?? I know this sort of platform is perhaps a little dated now in this day and age, and there are other means of information sharing which we all look at, but this site was always a pleasure to dip into on a regular basis. Not any more !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Nellie333
How sad I check in regularly and am always so disappointed that spam and nothing interesting I loved HJ's regular input and updates and everything else other people contributed it's such a shame

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Brucebear
I check in once a week and it is disappointing to see the spam. But the site is run for free and they give their time freely manage the site. It is a shame but there is still a good stuff on here.

Keep safe and happy new year
Bruce

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:42 am Reply with quote
camwil
I am sad that it may come to this
The forum has disintegrated in numbers recently but my daily fix on the webcams have helped.
Hopefully we can get more interest when we all return to Meeru and we get more feedback and interesting titbits.
Keep safe and hopefully the next few months bring respite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:09 pm Reply with quote
SUEC
It would be so sad to see this forum go, Iím not on Facebook etc so look forward to hearing about Meeru on here. I agree with rickc why do people post spam!! What purpose does it serve, totally lost on me.
Hope usual posters will still keep us up to date once we can start travelling back again. In the meantime I keep looking on the webcams [ Meeru and others via skyline ] and dream of going back once again.
Keep safe everyone and with the news this morning about the vaccine hopefully we can all look forward to travelling later next year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:07 pm Reply with quote
RobJDean
Have to agree, you posted my own thoughts about the incessant spam.

I mainly just check here once a day, spot the spam, sigh to myself then go check facebook.

As a few people have said though, maybe once the world returns to 'normal' it will become more active here with trip reports and some amazing HJ photos......

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:52 pm Reply with quote
sams
Agree really sad that the forum has declined over the year's, lately we have been visiting Scottish Islands for various reasons, but still check in here on a regular basis. Miss all the trip reports and news from Meeru that I always looked forward to reading 💙

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:41 pm Reply with quote
keith&nicky
The spam is a pain but I hope the site continues & Iím sure when the world gets back to some form of normality and we can travel again the spam posts will be outnumbered to the genuine Meeru questions etc,

Iím hoping to go back later this year or early next year and I for one will still do my daily updates from Meeru with some great photos.

Stay safe everyone

Keith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Cheers Keith. Hopefully we'll manage to do the same.

There's only a small active user base left on this forum for all the well stated reasons but that user base - plus a lot of non-posting folk - is still a community worth staying with IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Brucebear
I hope all on the forum are keeping well ? we have had to rebook our April trip to August for the third time. As always Meeru have been fantastic and have been as helpful as they can given the current situation. Both BA and Emirates have also been great and both of their customer services have been very helpful. We are keeping our fingers crossed that we can go in August it been 18 months since our last trip and we are missing the island and staff.
keep safe all
Bruce & Karen

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:59 am Reply with quote
rickc
We should be out there now! Should have flown out on Friday from Heathrow, direct with Sri Lankan. Would be doing a glass of wine watching the sunset from the Wok right now but watching the snow come down here instead. Know which we would prefer!! Really don't know when we will next go but go we certainly will!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:20 pm Reply with quote
camwil
Bumped

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:21 am Reply with quote
binoge1720
keep it up

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:21 am Reply with quote
binoge1720
keep it up!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:22 am Reply with quote
binoge1720
keep it up!!